Used 2012 Honda Civic Si Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

This might anger the 8th gen fans
By co_luv

2012 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Sorry guys but in terms of factory performance and day to day driving. This takes the cake. Yes it's a tight race on the streets (From a dig, though honda kids don't know anything but roll starts), but in the SCCA events I have used the 9th gen in, it blows my times from the 8th Gen I traded to get it. It is still more oriented to day to day driving so I get the pain. It doesn't feel Raw like the 8th Gen. Then again I said that when I traded my GSR for the 8th gen. This car is solid, has proven me well both on the track and on the streets.

Comfort. It's not too loud, the stereo is nice especially with the tiny little sub from the factory. My days of 2 12's is over. That is too much weight for so much attention. I enjoy hearing my highs and mids too much now days. I really like the dash layout. It is love or hate with the dash and I sway to love it. The seats are by no means good for the cross country trip but they do well for about 98% of every day society. I don't mind the harder seats thanks to the soft-ish suspension. Again I just like living with it. Some people with hate it.

I say since mine is a 12 they did good with interior accent changes in 13. I would like to see stiffer suspension. That is just me. If I wanted too soft I wouldn't have bought the SI. I just don't think they are firm enough for my taste. That is only a minor gripe though. I would like to see more power. and if possible some more torque, but I know that has never been hondas' strong point. So I won't complain too much on that. I don't like the carpet in it. It's too thin, but again that is most modern cars spending cut as well. Also just for the sake of performance, plastic is great and all but go back to a cast manifold for the 10th gen. please.