Used 2011 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews - 130 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Fiesta - Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Fiesta

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

Review 2011 Fiesta but be forewarned
By Jill Stockman

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Yes, I liked the car or would not have bought it. It handled nicely until it didn't. Ford issued a recall regarding transmission problems which only continue to get worse as the dealership gives me the run-around for the past year. Funny that the problem would get worse since that is exactly what the recall said. Yet try getting a straight answer and even worse something done about it before you stall out or kill yourself. It is no fun to drive because it jerks and shakes and makes noise and makes you wonder when it will simply stop. Not only can I not get it repaired/replaced...how do I sell a car when it is all over the internet that they are a huge problem! Thanks Ford.

Tiny backseat for rear facing carseats
By Teresa M

2011 Ford Fiesta S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Very difficult to find a rearfacing convertible car seat that will fit in the backseat. Even with the passenger seat pushed all the way forward, it is almost impossible to find a convertible car seat that will recline properly to rear face in the tiny backseat.

Our infant seat barely fit.

My husband has always called it a clown car.

Not a car for a family with young kid(s)

Never buy first year production/design car
By van kham

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car used with 45k, it was to be my commuter car and a replacement to my older 2000 celica gts with 200k. First the goods: mpg is great, good looking car, good ride, most things are within arms reach, power is ok for little car, good cargo space. Now the bad: Yes, the world famous transmission issue with this car, car was at the dealer twice, things started to fall apart at 54k, little things, too much to list, got the car fixed and sold it at. I wish I had done my research before I bought the car. Yes, i am back driving my 2000 celica, she never give me problem in 7 years.

I wouldn't suggest this car.
By Paul Jarrels

2011 Ford Fiesta SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Awful transmission problems, Ive already had it replaced along with the clutch and its under 70k miles. Bluetooth wont connect most of the time and parts literally fall off. Its a goodlooking car but thats about all it has going for it.

Very expensive lemon
By Kenneth

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Very small car great on gas good for intercity driving car has cost me more money than what its worth I am a mechanic and the issues that I am seeing with this transmission worries me really looking forward to trading this in due to the mechanical issues not worth the money.