1992 Chrysler Le Baron - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Le Baron model:
Good fun for little coin!
By hondast1300 on 01/20/13 13:33 PM (PST)

1992 Chrysler Le Baron LX 2dr Convertible

I've always loved these convertibles and picked one up a 92 cheap in 2005 for my daughter to destroy while learning to drive. She didn't like it and it sat for a year at the side of the house. I started driving it instead of my V10 3/4 ton to save fuel on non truck runs. And it was fun! Junk yards abound with these and other models with common parts. I've spent idle time picking out better parts from wrecks and have basically rebuilt this car. This car is simple to work on and improve. Nobody pimps these cars out. So I am! 1 inch lowering kit, fresh stock paint, upgraded chrome, interior swap from other similar year Chrysler models, Chev Z24 16 inch rims. 225,000kms and going strong!

Strong Dependable Car LX Sedan 3.0 L
By wuebbz on 03/27/12 16:28 PM (PDT)

1992 Chrysler Le Baron LX 2dr Coupe

Has Been In My Family Since We Bought It New And Had Little Problems With It 20 Years Ago. Has Over 200Thousand Miles and Only Major Probs Were Starter, Key Ignition, Struts, Batt, AC, Radio, And Easy To Get To Gaskets. As Long As You Keep Up With Maintenance You'll Be Fine. If You Keep Your Foot Outta Gas You Get 23mpg - 29mpg And Has Medium Power. Still Does 110mph (Track) Easily Even With Blown Gaskets And Only Quart N Half Inbetween Oil Changes. Road Trip With This Car I Would Actuallly Consider It That Comfy Of A Car.

Love the Car!
By Dean on 02/09/10 09:07 AM (PST)

1992 Chrysler Le Baron LX 2dr Convertible

This has been a great car, heavy and sturdy, can stand outside of the car and turn the car on even starts up with no problem after months in winter storage. The car has power, my daughter raced it against a Mustang and won. This car is easy to take care of regarding maintenance, and is easy on gas usage which is very nice. The only thing that I wish it had was a drink holder. After all these years it runs great, looks great and we still have a blast driving around with the top down, that is the only way to go.

For my information
By Duane L Burk on 11/02/07 11:08 AM (PDT)

1992 Chrysler Le Baron LX 2dr Convertible

Handling of car is exceptrional, enjoy driving. The foriegn motor has never given me a ounce of problems. Transmission could be better.

1 Fun Ride
By popppppz on 07/24/07 15:57 PM (PDT)

1992 Chrysler Le Baron LX 2dr Convertible

Very simple to work on, parts arent to expenisive compared to other more expensive convertibles, looks just as good as a new bmw convertible, not very expensive to own or buy, little bit of muscle, not to bad on gas, reliable, not the best car for long trips due to not enough back seat leg room still bigger than most in its class

A YANK IN ENGLAND
By shoney on 02/12/07 18:30 PM (PST)

1992 Chrysler Le Baron Landau 4dr Sedan

this is one cool car and is sized right for Europe easy to park easy to drive and very rare here and so American that's why i bought it European cars are so same boring i wanted a different drive oh fuel mileage hey with our gallon being 20%bigger than us one i get over 30 mpg

Trouble
By Mo on 03/13/06 11:51 AM (PST)

1992 Chrysler Le Baron Landau 4dr Sedan

Car has a history of trouble with automatic transmission, digital dash, and engine. True to form my Lebaron drinks a quart of oil every 1500 miles, the dash sometimes doesn't work, and the transmission is slipping. The 25 mpg (3L V6) is good and the velour seats are cushy but handling is mediocre and styling is outdated. Original Infinity stereo and speakers have failed but it used to sound pretty good.

Okay buy.
By Steven Martins on 03/19/05 07:40 AM (PST)

1992 Chrysler Le Baron Turbo 2dr Convertible

I Drive this and my 1991 Honda Accord and my wife's 2003 Infini G35. The G35 and Accord and my father's Taurus all ride better because this car rides avragely with only 59,000 miles on it. This car has wonderful looks and the best cd player. The ride is not to brag about. The Pickup is not the G35 but it is better then my father's Taurus yet it isn't the "91 Accord. 1992 was my lucky year, a son, Clinton elected, and a Chrysler.

Okay
By Jason Davison on 07/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chrysler Le Baron LX 2dr Convertible

I like this car better then my Mothers Linclon Towncar which is a peace of junk. Buy this car. reliability could be better like Honda

Good rag top for the money
By Streaker on 07/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chrysler Le Baron LX 2dr Convertible

Bought my Le Baron used with 18000 miles in 1993. Repairs were tranny replacement at 64000, and a water pump. Needs a cable kit for rear window but Chrysler wants $70+ for a length of cable and couple of plastic spools, so getting along without that. Very good top-down car and that is reason I bought it. Decent power and gas mileage, but the seats practically on the pavement and visibility difficult without a booster - sit so low that any following vehicle will glare the rear view mirrow even with low beams. This has been a reliable car and I expect to keep it around.