Used 2013 Chevrolet Sonic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Chevrolet Sonic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonic model:

toomanyleaks
By Chris

2013 Chevrolet Sonic LT 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I brought this car new with 3843 miles on it. I left the dealership only to discover that there was no heat. Returned to dealership and found coolant low. It then took 8 times in shop and from Nov 14 2014 till Jan 12 2015 to find a factory defect. And now it leaking again with the dealership having no idea where. Make sure you have the Sonic checked before buying.

Am I missing somethinh
By Unhappy

2013 Chevrolet Sonic LT 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

OK so I filled up my tank and it was fine within 4 days.just last night I got it to half a tank went to the store and post office all within 10 miles and 2 bars were gone. I am NOT pleased with the gas milage.

Little Tank
By toklatpa

2013 Chevrolet Sonic LT 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I'm 6'6" tall and I cannot get over the amount of room in this car nor can my passengers. Generous Leg and headroom and I can drive for hours with no fatigue. (I'm talking front seat, but I could really not care less about rear seat room, but few complaints there from passengers) Recently I hit a deer head on at 45 mph and the damage was minimal you have to look up close to see the damage, my insurance adjuster was amazed & stated that a Focus or other car in the same class would have needed towing. On this alone I will extol the virtues of this car. If you live in an area like Pennsylvania you are all too aware of Deer damage. The room and comfort of this car keeps me engaged with the road.

The Six Speed manual took some getting used to but the car is rabbit quick and evokes driving a VW GTI. The Turbo is amazing though not marketed as a performance item it is well worth the money. The paint is amazingly glossy and fit and finish is very good. I am getting up to an average of 47mpg Highway and 38 city on 87 octane and any minor complaints I have had have had (as with ANY new car) were quickly taken care of because I chose a very well respected dealer. I also like that it's American Made in Michigan and my purchase helped create jobs here (Unlike most other cars in this segment) I get compliments and questions often and I'm quite proud to drive it.

The 700 Dollar Mylink Stereo was a waste of money. It works better on the showroom than in real life, adding the MyGo Cell Navigation is useless unless you have the "right" phone (It needs a real navigation system). Needs a Real armrest or a second on the Passenger side. The Audio is too "up front" instead of the immersive sound I prefer. It also is not a pleasant experience driving with the windows down it buffets and flogs. The main complaint is the wheels and the rear end of the car get filthy, I have to stay up on washing and waxing. I also recommend mud flaps. I watched as the rear window coated in grime on the interstate during a rain/snow shower. All Minor things.

Love my Sonic!
By kellyanne67

2013 Chevrolet Sonic LTZ 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The only thing that I do not like on this car would be the crappy tires that come from the factory. Even with traction control and just a tiny bit of snow there is no traction. I truly feel that better tires would make this car unstoppable. I have had a few issues with the bluetooth system and my phone. Some phones work better than others but I have not had my dealer check these issues yet. The car is easy to drive, gets around in traffic like a dream, and with the turbo, it can certainly keep up. Gas mileage is great. I'm getting around 35mpg on the highway consistently. I'll say so far so good. I've had the car almost a year and have around 15,500 miles on it.

Heated seats, great gas mileage, comfortable back seat - even for tall people. More room than what it looks like. My 6ft tall husband fits in the car just fine.

put better tires on from the factory - General Altimax would be a great choice.

Warranty Issues
By riverview3

2013 Chevrolet Sonic RS 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Excessive warranty issues. No heat issues couldn't be diagnosed until 3rd visit to dealer. Seating quality poor. Leather re stitched at dealer and seam reseated twice on rear seat. Mylink Bringo heated up Iphone enough via USB to cause phone damage.

• SUV