2013 Chevrolet Sonic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonic model:
Love my Sonic!
By kellyanne67 on 08/15/14 04:41 AM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Sonic LTZ 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The only thing that I do not like on this car would be the crappy tires that come from the factory. Even with traction control and just a tiny bit of snow there is no traction. I truly feel that better tires would make this car unstoppable. I have had a few issues with the bluetooth system and my phone. Some phones work better than others but I have not had my dealer check these issues yet. The car is easy to drive, gets around in traffic like a dream, and with the turbo, it can certainly keep up. Gas mileage is great. I'm getting around 35mpg on the highway consistently. I'll say so far so good. I've had the car almost a year and have around 15,500 miles on it.

Warranty Issues
By riverview3 on 06/06/14 12:37 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Sonic RS 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Excessive warranty issues. No heat issues couldn't be diagnosed until 3rd visit to dealer. Seating quality poor. Leather re stitched at dealer and seam reseated twice on rear seat. Mylink Bringo heated up Iphone enough via USB to cause phone damage.

Great, great choice for a small car
By mcland on 05/29/14 13:42 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Sonic LTZ 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Have LTZ with the 1.4 Turbo. Great engine, feels strong and pulls well. Combined gas mileage so far is above 30 MPG in mostly city driving. Composed ride, car sticks to the road in turns. The car feels very solid, a pleasure to drive. Visibility is great. The media system works well, the phone operation, the media applications and the radio itself. Large screen provides a lot of information in a friendly and clear manner. Remote Link with OnStar allows you to start the engine from far, far away, all done via satellite. Tried to use the turn by turn directions via OnStar and it did work very well too, you can download your route via smartphone. Overall happy with the car.

little problems
By aw336 on 03/01/14 00:07 AM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Sonic LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Ive had my sonic for almost a year. Ive had to have the radio replaced twice. People can barely hear me through the Bluetooth system (I have a Galaxy Note 3). The car idles weird now and theres a rubbing sound in the back end. This car feels very unstable on the highway and the dealer says there is nothing wrong with it. I went on vacation and someone smashed my passenger window open and the alarm DID NOT go off and GM says it will only go off if the door is opened. So far nothing major has went wrong and I'm hoping it stays this way. I will be trading out as soon as I can. I would not recommend this car to anyone.

Sonic Hatch LT with 1.4L
By jaar819 on 12/25/13 04:58 AM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Sonic RS 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I thought the overall design of both the interior and exterior of the Sonic was very tastefully done. I liked it better than other cars in its class but this is obviously a matter of taste. The 1.4L turbo engine is smooth and fun, 6 speaker sound system which seemed better to me than other cars in class, MyLink system, body of car seemed extremely stiff, much better than Mini Clubman, the last car i owned. I know this because my driveway has a bump which puts torsional stress on the car. the mini creaked. the sonic does not. very smooth ride on highway. very low rpm of engine at highway speeds. very quiet car for subcompact. the suspension system makes car feel more like a luxury car.

Great Little Car
By icubarb on 12/14/13 15:40 PM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Sonic LTZ 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this car 10 months ago. I have about 10,000 miles on it. I have the 2012 LTZ hatchback in Orange and love it.

Galaxy S4 Cell Phone Owners Watch Out!!!
By geminiman on 11/01/13 18:36 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Sonic RS 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love the Sonic RS, however I'm a little disappointed in the phone compatibility options. The Sonic uses BringGo as a navigation app that runs through your phone. After I bought the car, it turns out that the app doesn't work with the latest and greatest andriod, the S4. It does work though for the older S3 and S2. Also, I was thinking that pictures videos can be viewed from your phone through the usb port. It turns out only pictures and videos on a flash drive can be used.

Leaking water into interior
By chowjones on 10/27/13 12:03 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Sonic LT 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I have mixed feelings writing this review. Overall, I really like my 2013 Sonic LT hatchback. The interior is very roomy for a car in this class and I like the design. However, my car has developed a water leak on the passenger side. As of 10/27/13, my car has been at the dealer trying to correct the problem for two of the past three weeks. Postings on a Sonic forum have confirmed that this is happening to many people. There is a serious design flaw with this model. Equipped with the 1.4L turbo and no water leaks, this car would be nothing short of excellent.

Just bought an LT manual
By gino985 on 10/25/13 19:54 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Sonic LT 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Since it's so late in the year, I could only find a couple near me, and ended up with Crystal Red tintcoat, not my first choice, but I actually really like it. Shifting is incredibly easy, like butter, and the engine really does have some pep. Its also true that the car feels much bigger, it's hard to feel the speed, I've been afraid I will get a ticket because I've been speeding everywhere! Mileage is right on as reported, the first tank was exactly 30 mpg, mixed city and highway, and included a lot of idling at the dealership, so I'm hoping that number will go up. With all the great cash back offers right now, I highly recommend this car, great value for the cost.

2013 Chevy Sonic RS review
By viperaider on 09/09/13 11:47 AM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Sonic RS 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I spent several months looking into my next gas saver. Keep in mind; GAS SAVER. This car won me over with features versus SAVING money. I settled with a brand new RS out the door for $18,900 after negotiating.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Chevrolet Sonic in VA is:

$154 per month*