The STS - Enjoy It For What It Is!
By bassplayer on
2006 Cadillac STS V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)
I test drove several sport sedans and entry level luxury cars before purchasing this one. The $5,000 dealer incentive had a lot to do with the purchase, I'll admit, but the car is tremendous, and a fine example of American car makers getting it right. It blends performance with luxury, and offers more back seat room and trunk space than several comparable cars. I agree with many reviewers that the glove box is poorly designed and offers no space. However, the combination of power, AWD, luxury, braking, toys (XM, OnStar, Nav, etc.) were too good to pass up. This is a great looking car with a compliant ride with just enough road feel for me. Bottom line, enjoy the car for what it is!
Favorite Features
I like how it doesn't look like every other car on the road, the XM, backup sensor, smart key with remote start (why everyone doesn't have this feature is a mystery), amazing sound system, and more than adequate power.
Suggested Improvements
A useful glove box, XM/Nav controls could be a bit more intuitive, but it seems like every manufacturer's system needs help in that regard. Slightly better gas mileage should be attainable in a car this size.