Glad I didn't sell my Merc Grand Marquis
By rdownie on
2008 Cadillac DTS Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
I recently purchased a 2008 Cadillac DTS with 62,000 miles. It was to replace my 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis with 155,000 miles. The Cad looks and runs like a brand new car, but the ride is not near as nice as my aging Grand Marquis. Lots of road noise. Every bump in the city streets are accented by thumping noises as the wheels go over the spots. I took it to the Cad dealer and they claim that is the way all Cadillac's drive these days. Plus they charged me $1600.00 to replace both front sway bars and a left front drum. Luckily they split the cost with me since I had only owned the car for 31 days. Plus, too many buttons to push---very distracting. I should have bought another Merc.
Favorite Features
Love the looks and the moon roof.
Suggested Improvements
This car has the console with the shift lever. Nice, but would like to see the D, N, R, etc back lighted at night. Also, the dash is nearly unreadable during daylight hours. The biggest problem is with the road noise. The car rides like a dream on blacktop freeways but like a noisy sports car on city streets. This is my second Cadillac and it will be my last. The prices keeps going up and the quality keeps going down.