Used 2009 Buick Enclave SUV Consumer Reviews - 79 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Buick Enclave SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

What Kind of Car Is It?
By Amazed!!!

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I don't think I have ever owned a car people were so inquisitive about. We drove the Enclave on a whim (actually to kill time while we waited on the salesman to find a Yukon on the lot). Wow! What a suprize! Our past 3 vehicles have been a Yukon and 2 Tahoes. We actually had decided on another Yukon but we were not happy with the ride or the boxy look of the new body style. We drove the Lexus, Infiniti, Tahoe, Yukon and kept coming back to the Buick. I researched and read over 70 reviews. They basically said the same thing. It's a great car! We have 12K wonderful, enjoyable miles and it has been a pleasure every time I have opened the door. I still can't believe I am driving a Buick.

Someone really did aa great job on all of the storage pockets. The 110 outlet is great for charging computer or phone (my daughter though she was going to be able to blow dry her hair...haha). I love the flat folding 3rd row seats. Easy! Lot's of room. Where has electric start been all of my life?

I haven't quite figured out the front garment hook. It's a little strange.

Base Enclave CXL
By alvanhill

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Finally a salesperson listened and found a base vehicle for me to buy. The Enclave CXL FWD compares favorably with our 08 Lexus ES in comfort and quiet ride and has all the equipment I wanted without $$$'s in options. The six speed tranny takes some getting used to and I wish the drivers seat cushion gave more thigh support but this is a very nice vehicle for the money. More mpg would be nice but I think the DI engine will regulate that. At 7,000 miles the car delivers 24 mpg on the highway @ 70 mph.

On-Star, Satellite radio, power tailgate.

Get rid of the support for the left foot on the drivers side for more leg room. Longer drivers seat cushion for thigh support.

Sweet!
By Bryan Wagstaff

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I owned a Jaguar Vanden Plas and Chevy Astro and wanted a vehicle that combined the best of both. I found it in the Enclave. I now have the luxury of the Jag and the cargo/towing capabilities of the Astro. I also need an AWD/4WD vehicle to get me to my mountain cabin in the winter. The Enclave thus far has proven to be a sturdy, well built, fun to drive vehicle. There is so much about it that I like it's hard to know where to begin. However, of all the reviews I have read no one has mentioned the remarkable turning radius of the vehicle.

Interior & exterior styling, remote engine start, back up camera with proximity sensors, passenger & cargo space, Onstar, and the hands free Bluetooth phone features.

Real wood and less plastic.

No More Imports For Us!
By NewClave

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Absolutely can't believe that I am saying this, but this Buick is the most amazingly comfortable and stylish vehicle we have ever owned. Coming from many Japanese SUV's (Toyotas and Nissans) we had boiled it down to a Lexus RX350, Audi Q5, and the Acura MDX, when we passed an Enclave on the road one day and my wife said... what was that. We were at the Buick dealership 30 minutes later, and after a test drive my wife fell in love. It doesn't even sound right when I say we bought a Buick, but this is no Buick of yesteryear. Way to go GM!

All the Goodys! (DVD, Onstar, Bluetooth, Stereo, Rear View Camera,etc.)

Love it! Traded in my BMW
By briget

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

It's been about a month and half so far and I'm really enjoying my new Enclave! We bought it new at 77 mi. and now have over 5K. I traded in my BMW 750il 2000 to go SUV because of the extra seats & AWD for ski season & long distance trips. The only reason I scored lower on performance is because I previously owned a sports car. :) The other gripe is the fuel mileage. It's been averaging about 21 mi. per gallon. I drive approximately 800 mi. per week. Otherwise, we love our new car!

Bluetooth, Onstar, extra seating, 5-star crash rating, dual sun roof (kids love this) and remote control hatch.

Come out with better fuel mileage!!