Used 2009 Buick Enclave SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Buick Enclave SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

Love it! Traded in my BMW
By briget

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

It's been about a month and half so far and I'm really enjoying my new Enclave! We bought it new at 77 mi. and now have over 5K. I traded in my BMW 750il 2000 to go SUV because of the extra seats & AWD for ski season & long distance trips. The only reason I scored lower on performance is because I previously owned a sports car. :) The other gripe is the fuel mileage. It's been averaging about 21 mi. per gallon. I drive approximately 800 mi. per week. Otherwise, we love our new car!

Bluetooth, Onstar, extra seating, 5-star crash rating, dual sun roof (kids love this) and remote control hatch.

Come out with better fuel mileage!!

Sluggish acelleration
By mike

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Transmission seems to hesitate frequently. Major black residue at exit of muffler pipes. Service adviser says the vehicle is not broken in yet, it has 5000klm on it.

nice, clean cut

More room in front seat steering wheel should be larger so you view gauges.

Looks good but a few issues
By Hollis Stavn

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The angle of the headrest tilts too far forward forcing my neck to not be able to be straight when driving. This is a design problem with this car. Another issue is that the cover for the sun roof is a screen only which lets some heat through so even with the sunroof closed you can feel the heat coming through on your head and also heating up the car. I have the basic sound package which is anemic in volume output. There is only one power outlet on the front console. There is a compartment on the dash which looks like it is a place to put glasses but being under the windshield will likely melt them in the heat. I traded a Rendezvous for this and the Rendezvous was actually a sportier drive.

Articulating headlights are very cool on winding roads. This is a sharp looking car both inside and out. Lots of room. Back up camera and sonar is great. Bluetooth to phone is great.

Fix the incorrect headrest. Add an additional power outlet- you could not use an ipod and charge a phone or an external nav system with only one outlet.

GM is making a Quality Buick SUV
By Happy

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We had a Ford Edge and we loved it , This vehicle is more expensive but the ride and interior are superior.The 0% financing is great.

Folding mirrors.electronic lift gate, airconditioned seats.

None at this time

Best of the Best
By CollegeProf

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This car replaced a Lexus RX-300 and a Lexus sedan. Our cars were over 10 years old and we really loved our Lexus. I can't believe how great this car is. It drives around town like a dream. I don't think you will need the running board step assist. We have kids and my 5' 3" wife doesn't have any problems getting in and out. This is really well built. The Lexus had some cool - gee whiz features that the Lexus doesn't, but overall I think this Buick better. Good job GM!!

Smart Slide seats. Headphones for kids in back seat while watching DVD's Blue glow... Silly I know, but it makes me smile.

Make the wood accents better - like the Lexus.