Used 2005 Acura TL Consumer Reviews - 445 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

2005 Acura TL

View reviews for a specific TL model:

2005 Acura TL A-Spec 6-speed, with Navigation, 1
By MARK KRUGER

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires and Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

The 6 speed manual really makes this car come to life. I highly recommend driving one if you can find one, especially the A-Spec edition like I own.

Great Car
By Lisa Gall

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

My TL is over 10 years old now and it's still a great car! No problems at all. Complete confidence in reliability - would not hesitate to take it on the longest road trip.

VSA nearly killed me
By aap2

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Was driving 60mph on the highway using the stick shift feature on the automatic transmission. Out of nowhere the VSA decided to turn on while i was on 3rd speed simply cruising on 60mph. When the VSA light turned on the tires screeched and immediately i lost control of the car and it banged into the divider of the highway. The airbags went off (there were no passengers) and the front left wheel just popped off completely. Thank god there was a gas station 500 feet near me. I Been having a problem with the VSA turning on abruptly for no apparent reason; ive taken it to a mechanic before and even they have no clue wtf is wrong with it. Ive read forums which people have had the same issue...

Powerful FWD, V6 growls aggressively, accelerates at ease

Wish there could be an AWD model and had better handling

Great Car but Some Flaws
By cooldiesel

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my 2005 Acura TL with about 90K miles on it. For the most part the car is fantastic, feels very high quality and rides excellent. At 80 MPH - typical cruising speed in Los Angeles when not stuck in traffic - the car feels as if it is on rails, and is very quite.

Some people
on internet forums have complained about squeeks and rattles from the windows in
the doors when driving. I have found that this is true, but not to the point where it is a problem.

The 6-speed transmission model which I have is probably not the best. The shifter is clunky, and the engine not suited to a manual since it has very little low-end torque.

- Ride quality - Quite cabin - Body design - Smooth engine with decent gas mileage

- Improvement to 6-speed transmission model - Better interior build quality

Very nice car
By sleeper22

2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 05 TL with a little over 54,000 miles. It now has 105,000 miles.
The 3rd generation TL's are very good cars. Comfortable, quiet, roomy, refined and I like the FWD because we do get snow here in KY. I just did the timing belt replacement (almost $1000 at dealer) so guess I will be keeping it for awhile.
I really like the TL as in my opinion gets great gas mileage for a car that performs this well. I average 22-24mpg combined and anywhere from 28-33mpg highway. The only complaints I have are the brakes. They perform well but rotors tend to warp easily and the calipers went bad around 95,000 miles.
Other than this the TL is probably the best car I have owned.

Nice stereo and really like the in dash 6-disc changer. HID headlights are wonderful.

Brakes and leather seats could be of better quality.