Used 2003 Oldsmobile Alero Consumer Reviews

Used Alero for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...9

Pros
Cons

DON'T GIVE IT UP, OLDS!

BIG D, 08/08/2002

THE ALERO IS THE WICKED TWIN SISTER OF PONTIAC'S GRAND AM. ALERO HAS ALL THE PERFORMANCE FEATURES OF THE GRAND AM, AND LOADED WITH LUXURIOUS IMENITIES.

THICK STEERING WHEEL; FAT RIDE!

JOE SPINELL'S BRO, 08/08/2002

BUCKLE UP, AND HANKER DOWN. THIS 4 DOOR, ROAD ROCKET IS A LOADFULL OF FUN.

Glad I bought the Extended Warranty

Bill, 02/07/2008

I bought this car with 12K miles on it. Came off of a fleet lease. No problems the first year. In the 2nd year had to replace right front wheel bearing, 6 months later the left front wheel bearing 35k miles on it. At 55K had to replace the fuel pump and some additional parts associated with the fuel system. At 74k had to repair and replace many parts of the air conditioning system. Good thing I had the extended warranty total repairs come to $4800. This car is a glorified Grand Am. Will not consider another GM vehicle after this car experience. Hello Honda/Toyota.

Buy Toyota

Donewithit, 11/11/2002

3 years owing this car, thank God it had a warranty. Power window motor went out, strut became unattached, paint peeling, hazard button fell through the dash, doors required realignment, noisy, and cruise control stopped working. If you enjoy visiting the dealer then this car is for you. My car has two days left on the warranty and I'm getting rid of it now.

My First Car

survboiurbvs, 11/26/2002

This was my first car. I have always drove my parents cars which are both German and cost a lot more than my Alero. The Alero is not a sports car, but I like it a lot. The steering is great and its fun to drive around town and on short road trips. Mine is one and a half years old and has 45,000 miles and it works great.

alero review

Aida Reyes, 12/03/2002

This car is quite strong. I was in an accident with a Chevy Tahoe that broadsided my alero on the passenger side and the Tahoe went away hurting. My alero was messed up inside but I was able to walk away a little banged up, but alive. Good car.

Good

Friendly Helper, 01/28/2003

I got this car as my second car. Before I was driving a 1994 Olds LSS. Even though this is a lower endmodel than the LSS was at the time it was made I tend to like this car more because it comes with alot of features such as cd which my old car did not have. The stereo was not as good as the lss unofrtunately, but what can you expect from a cheaper car I guess.

My Alero Experience

lisa, 06/11/2003

This car is stylish and fun to drive - when it works. My brakes have been replaced 5 times, last time they put a special GM "kit" on so that it won't happen again. I have replaced the drive belt twice, the power steering pump twice, my radio antenna and air conditioning recently stopped working and I'm tired of throwing money into it. I had one minor bumper scrape, it was expensive to fix, but it held up very well in the accident. I'd say it was a lemon, but I am not the only person with these problems.

Excellence with the Alero

nosralj, 02/26/2003

After leasing an Alero in '99, I bought another 4 door GX in 2002, but this one was a manual. This car was a steal and with the rebates I was able to get it for $17k. The car drives beautifully and gives off a solid feel. I had minimum problems only having problems with the backseat door paneling pealing due to the extreme Arizona heat. If I'm ever in an accident, I have the confidence that the other car won't punch a hole in the Alero like paper machete. With it's sporty exterior and manual transmission to boot, provides me the pleasure of driving a sport car at a reasonable price. Great car.

Not bad at all

Russ Hoss, 08/04/2003

Other than the driver seat feeling like its broken, I LOVE the car. I put about 400 miles a week on my car and it's really fun to drive. Actually, my wife has taken it from me and she is a diehard Honda fan.

12345...9