Used 2003 Oldsmobile Alero Consumer Reviews

Used Alero for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...9

Pros
Cons

Buy it and you'll regret it deeply

loupie1, 06/23/2003

I bought the 2002 GL2 4dr V6. While it handled quite well and had decent ride, it was typical GM junk. I can't stress enough the poor reliability of the car, but more importantly, the blatant disregard GM has for its customers. They DO NOT stand behind their questionable products. For example, brake rotors went at 19k miles while brake pads were not half worn. GM refused to pay. Ditto for intake manifold. I traded the PoS in, taking a heavy loss while doing so because it has the worst depreciation record of ALL compact sedans. I'm in a Mazda 6 now and love it. GM will not get another penny from me.

Not bad, for a First Car.

Kimberly, 11/03/2016
GX 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

My Alero was my first car. I drove it for over a year before it finally went out on me. While I drove it, it was fine. The wheel baring was bad, made a horrible sound when I made left turns. Acceleration was okay, and shifting gears was fine. My back windows would fall down over time (meaning within a couple minutes of driving) and I had to hold them up with door stops. My driver window didn't roll up or down, and my passenger window worked when it felt like it. Overall it wasn't bad for my first car, but it definitely had it's problems. But once it was done, it was done. My timing chain went out and it was too expensive to fix, so I ended up scraping it. Got $25 for it.

Great Great buy!!!

Ms C, 11/15/2016
GL2 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My car has 283000 miles and still going!! The horn doesnt work!! Only had to get general maintenance! ! Got to get another car because of the rust underneath!! Purchase the car in 2006 with 75000 miles

Straight Up Lemon

reddstunta, 10/31/2003

This car is junk and was made too fast. The only good thing is that I have not had any motor problems. The inside is garbage, my top light just fell down, my driver side window borke twice, sometimes it does not crank, the rubber around the windshield is continuing coming up. The worse of all the dash board is coming up and look all wrinkle. This car is a lemon and practically worthless. It had a nice body style and outer appeal but it toatal garbage. I will never buy another. I hate this car, there is a new problem with it constantly.

So So, Nothing Special

Dustin, 10/04/2006

First off the brake design of this car is horrible. I've already had to put in new brake pads and have the rotors turned twice. The car has less than 50,000 miles on it. The gas mileage varies from 22 to 30 depending on oil changes, driving conditions...etc. Its seats aren't really that comfy and the interior looks cheap. You definitely pay for what you get. I won't ever by another GM, next time it's a Honda or Toyota.

Worst Car Ever Owned; A Real Lemon

joners, 09/28/2011

Paid 8,000 for car and put 3,000 into engine, mostly seals, major problem in coolent system, cracked engine block, the list goes on and on.... this was the worst engine GM ever built, I don't reccommend it. Replaced fuel pump, then it was needing repairs twice a year. Joined a class action lawsuit and GM got out of it by filing bankruptcy. If your buying an Alero plan on spending alot for repairs, due to cheap parts and a poorly running engine.

nice car

car guy, 07/25/2002

steering is totally numb. No feedback. The ride quality is good but needs better geometry when cornering. The car is great for traveling. Killer A/C

I love my car!

Robb2651, 04/04/2018
GX 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I would happily return to Metro Cars and Credit for another vehicle.

Black Cristine reliable

Mariah Beltran, 08/10/2018
GL1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Major electric problem or fuse issue dash lights and rear tail wont come back on after replace fuses and relays disconnect battery for 10 mins nothing changes.

A Lemon!

Meeme, 01/19/2009

I have had this car for ove a year now and I have put so much money into it that if I saved it all I could have paid this car off.. The pass lock locked my car first. 3 mechanics couldn't figure out what was wrong. All together $1000 fixed the problem. My Ford that I paid $1000 didn't give me as many problems as this! Brakes, bearings, spring coil, A/C, drum and the pass lock. All together well over $5000 put into it already! It makes me sick to my stomach. I will never again get an Oldsmobile! No wonder they shut down their production. The sound system is great but I would rather have a reliable car instead.

12345...9