Used 2019 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class AMG® SL 63
Pros & Cons
- Interior is a model of luxury and refinement
- Effortless acceleration
- Excellent handling doesn't come at the expense of comfort
- Folding hardtop still allows for decent cargo space
- AMG models aren't as agile as similarly priced exotics
Used SL-Class for SaleSee all for sale
Used 2019 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class AMG SL 63 for Sale
Which SL-Class does Edmunds recommend?
The SL spans a wide range of price points, but we think the SL 550 strikes an ideal balance of price, performance and prestige. It's plenty quick, as buyers in this segment require, but it costs considerably less than the AMG variant and has better ride quality. We'd then add the Driver Assistance package for its additional advanced safety features.
Edmunds' Expert Review
The SL has slightly synthetic handling but is extremely capable. Midcorner bumps don't throw it off too badly. It's equal parts boulevardier and sports car, depending on your whims. Expect mega power, surprising grip, powerful brakes and good manners.
It is nearly as comfortable as it is fast, and that's no small feat. Its high level of refinement and versatile seats make this roadster easily capable of long trips. There's more noise originating from the low-profile tires than you might expect.
The well-laid-out cabin offers a surprising amount of room as well as very easy entry and exit. The convertible top earns high marks for its quick, quiet and low-effort stowage. It does, however, compromise the cargo area.
Trunk space is compromised by the stowed roof, but a cargo separator automatically deploys when dropping the top in order to define luggage space from roof storage space. With the roof raised, the SL provides a large trunk and there's enough cabin storage to be practical. The bonus space behind the seats helps a lot.
Even in standard guise, the SL comes with a Harman Kardon surround-sound system, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Most advanced driver aids are available.
|Overall||8.0 / 10|
Most helpful consumer reviews
Features & Specs
Our experts like the SL-Class models:
- Magic Vision Control
- Keeps the windshield clean by spraying water directly from the wiper, minimizing overspray and maximizing windshield-washer fluid coverage.
- Attention Assist
- Warns you if the car detects irregular driving behavior, such as erratic steering inputs, commonly caused by drowsy driving.
- Pop-Up Roll Bars
- Detects an impending rollover and deploys a pair of roll bars behind the occupants' heads, helping minimize injury.