Used 2019 Cadillac CTS V-Sport
Pros & Cons
- All versions have precise handling
- V-Sport engine offers outstanding acceleration
- Base engine lacks refinement
- Touch-panel center console controls are distracting
- Rear-seat room is smaller than some competitors'
- Overly firm ride quality on some versions
List Price Estimate
$30,542 - $35,140
Used CTS for SaleSee all for sale
Which CTS does Edmunds recommend?
You won't go wrong with the CTS in Luxury trim. It has decent performance with the optional 3.6-liter V6 engine and, compared to the base trim, the Luxury trim adds numerous features to enhance the CTS' luxury status. But considering this is likely the last year of production for the CTS, we say go out with a bang and spring for a CTS V-Sport with its powerful twin-turbo V6 and upgraded brakes and suspension. It's almost a CTS-V, but for less money.
Edmunds' Expert Review
The CTS V-Sport delivers big-hearted power and is more precise than its size would suggest. The result is a very cohesive, fast and confidence-inspiring driving experience. It puts the "sport" in sport sedan, yet it manages to be accessible and engaging.
The main characteristic that drags the CTS V-Sport down is its ride quality. It's too tied-down and can feel stiff-legged, clomping audibly over bumps. Otherwise, the seats are quite comfortable, and the climate control system works exceptionally well.
Some concessions made to design affect overall usability. Touch-sensitive controls abound and simply don't work as well as knobs and hard keys, and the glossy interior trim is reflective and sometimes distracting. High points include a good driving position and decent room for entering and exiting.
The CTS isn't a standout for storage space, but it doesn't lag far behind its competition in this regard. Its cabin has several areas in which to stash items, all on the smaller side. Its trunk has a wide opening, and total volume is about average.
Standard inclusion of Apple CarPlay and Android Auto is a plus, but using the touchscreen interface for all native audio and navigation can be frustrating. Voice controls had limited success recognizing our navigation test case, but the voice interface is fairly nonrigid.
|Overall||7.9 / 10|
Features & Specs
Our experts like the CTS models:
- Lane Change Alert
- Warns you if a following vehicle is about to occupy the lane next to your car.
- Following Distance Indicator
- Helps the driver maintain a safe following distance behind the car ahead through the use of radar.
- Teen Driver
- Lets parents set certain vehicle parameters and limits to ensure their young drivers maximize attention to driving.