Used 2007 Saturn Sky Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Saturn Sky - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sky model:

Roadsters
By William Cunningham

2007 Saturn Sky 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Top down, not much trunk space!

Kaput goes the airbag!!!!!
By Bonnie S. Barlow

2007 Saturn Sky 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We only drive our Sky in the summer time because we live in very cold, icy, winters. The Sky is definitely not for snow travel. It will slide in only a skift of snow and leave you stranded. We started out this season and noticed that the airbag warning came on. We only had 40,000 miles on the Sky when this occurred. We took it to the dealership after reading many bad reviews about the airbag performance particularly on that side. Imagine our disappointment when the dealer informed us that this had not been recalled as of yet. We took it to the dealership and the bill was $939.00. I talked to a friend who has the Pontiac version of this car and the same thing has happened to theirs. There has to be a flaw and/or defect in that system. There are multiple fixes on You-Tube about this. I don't see how unplugging the indicator life is a fix, some people did...but we opted to fix ours so that if we are involved in a crash the passenger has protection. I realize that Saturn is no longer is business but that shouldn't stop them from standing behind their product.

Loved the car, but....
By wheeker

2007 Saturn Sky 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2007 Saturn Sky (base) in February 2011. I loved the styling, handling, and performance so much! I just recently traded my car in for 2010 Mazda 3 though. Why would I do such a thing you ask? Well, it was a hard decision, but the idea of putting MORE money into the Sky was not what I wanted to do right now. I needed more room too. I used it as a daily driving car which was great for a while, but became annoying and a hassle when I couldn't even put a bag of cat litter in my trunk. This is a great second car. As an everyday car it becomes a hassle at times. I loved my Sky, and I miss it, especially knowing I'll never get another one, but at least I can say I owned one!

Performance and handling, hands down. Styling is amazing, I always got looks and questions about my car and I loved that. Helps mine was yellow! The cockpit feel of the interior and comfy seats. Basically everything except the fact that it had zero room for anything at all more than one grocery bag.

The trunk would leak, I had a buttress that wouldn't pop up to open the trunk which we fixed ourselves, otherwise it would have been thousands to fix it at a dealer, I spent almost $2000 to get the parking break fixed and new tires. Then end of last year the clear coat started coming off of my hood for no reason and the paint was oxidizing underneath, another $1,000 to get that painted - Corrosion warranty would've covered it, but that ran out if Feb. There is NO room whatsoever in the interior cabin or in the trunk. Hard to get in and out of sometimes. Why are there cup holders in this car? Who would have a drink in this car, much less use the flimsy cup holders? Also useless.

Can't find a cooler car
By pokefun

2007 Saturn Sky 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Love this Sky, well designed, solid and afordable

No Problemo
By Smitty

2007 Saturn Sky Red Line 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I own a Honda, Jaguar, and a Saturn. I find myself driving the Saturn Sky Redline for enjoyment. It is pure fun. Of the line it is a terror! In my life I owned to many cars to list. These include a 442, 340 Dodge swinger, Turbo Buick, etc. Now at 60 years old I can compare more easily than when I was 30years old. You will not regret a Sky Redline , if you can buy one. It has features that compare to 40-50 thousand dollar cars.I bought my Redline Sky new,the dealer added a Fugita F5 Competition Cold Air Intake System, warranted for one year. I added a Borla Exhaust. This combination only skyrockets your enjoyment. I was looking at specs for other cars but keep coming back to the Red.

What an engine for 4 cylinders! Looks are head turning, people come over and ask you if they can look over the car. Performance is unbelievable. It sounds like a rocket at full throttle. It is the fastest off the line engine I ever saw in my lifetime. ( 4-cylinders)

I would like a little more cabin room. Especially to buckle your seatbelt. The seatbelt buckle is too tight fitting between the seat and the shifter hump. The instrument panel is to small. A bigger diameter display would be beneficial.

• SUV