2007 Saturn Sky - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sky model:
Loved the car, but....
By wheeker on 04/09/14 07:58 AM (PDT)

2007 Saturn Sky 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2007 Saturn Sky (base) in February 2011. I loved the styling, handling, and performance so much! I just recently traded my car in for 2010 Mazda 3 though. Why would I do such a thing you ask? Well, it was a hard decision, but the idea of putting MORE money into the Sky was not what I wanted to do right now. I needed more room too. I used it as a daily driving car which was great for a while, but became annoying and a hassle when I couldn't even put a bag of cat litter in my trunk. This is a great second car. As an everyday car it becomes a hassle at times. I loved my Sky, and I miss it, especially knowing I'll never get another one, but at least I can say I owned one!

Can't find a cooler car
By pokefun on 08/06/13 19:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Saturn Sky 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Love this Sky, well designed, solid and afordable

No Problemo
By Smitty on 01/07/10 21:15 PM (PST)

2007 Saturn Sky Red Line 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I own a Honda, Jaguar, and a Saturn. I find myself driving the Saturn Sky Redline for enjoyment. It is pure fun. Of the line it is a terror! In my life I owned to many cars to list. These include a 442, 340 Dodge swinger, Turbo Buick, etc. Now at 60 years old I can compare more easily than when I was 30years old. You will not regret a Sky Redline , if you can buy one. It has features that compare to 40-50 thousand dollar cars.I bought my Redline Sky new,the dealer added a Fugita F5 Competition Cold Air Intake System, warranted for one year. I added a Borla Exhaust. This combination only skyrockets your enjoyment. I was looking at specs for other cars but keep coming back to the Red.

Why pretend you care how it peforms? :)
By Maven on 03/18/09 15:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Saturn Sky 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Let's face it: if you're thinking of buying a Sky, it's because you're in love with the body. It's the Supermodel of Roadsters: you know it's superficial, but you still want to date it. There's really no beating the Sky in terms of a sexy, affordable convertible. Yes, the Miata performs better. You don't care. Yes, the ergonomics are bad. You still don't care. It's sexy, it's affordable... GO BUY ONE. You won't regret it.

A True Roadster
By Sky's The Limit on 03/13/09 06:58 AM (PDT)

2007 Saturn Sky 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Back in the early '70's I owned an MG. It was fun to drive, but not very reliable. The Sky reminds me of the way the MG handled, but it has more power and is more comfortable. The MG had clips on the right and left for the top and it was a pain to take down. I've read some complaints that the top on the Sky is difficult to take down, but it takes about 15 seconds to take down and about 20 to put back up. It is well designed for a mechanical top. This car has plenty of power and is so much fun to drive. I love putting the top down and taking it on a curvy road and listening to the engine roar. It is also beautiful, especially when compared to the Miata, which looks so vanilla.

Beautiful, but much to be desired
By DnTnSC on 03/09/09 18:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Saturn Sky Red Line 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Overall a great little car. Fun to drive, great handling, good power, and the car definitely turns heads! On the road it gets around 31 mpg, 24 to 26 in town driving. However, it does have some flaws. After owning for a year, it developed a very loud squeak in the front end (during cold weather) that Saturn can't find. It's noisy at high speed, and when you really get down on it the acceleration should be smoother. The dash developed a couple of different rattles after a year. The passenger side cup holder is a waste - it breaks if you use it (mine has been replaced 3 times). The window controls are not positioned well, and it has no room for any cargo at all.

Do it, you will not regret this car
By Dave on 01/31/09 23:23 PM (PST)

2007 Saturn Sky 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was a little leery to buy a Saturn, boy was a wrong after taking a closer look. These things are built well for the most part. There's a couple things that could be refined like the doors having to be all the way open or closed to open/close the hood, and the window controls being to far back on the doors, but this thing is a ton of fun to drive. It handles like it's on rails, has a nice solid feel, decent power for a NA engine (I plan on putting a big turbo on it in a few years). With the sub it's stereo has an excellent sound. This thing kicks the heck out of the Miata. For the price this car is fun, reliability will be proven, but with 6 year 100K mile warranty I'm not worried

Excellent Car with Top Up or Down
By John on 01/03/09 21:21 PM (PST)

2007 Saturn Sky Red Line 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Whenever I drive this car it always great. It loves corners like the magna traction racing cars I drove as a kid on the slot tracks, but this is the real thing that I can get into and drive and still have moeny left for gas. Yes the only minor gripe is the limited space in the trunk when the top down is down, but it is a sports car and a good looking one at that. Some people say what do you think about the manual top? and I say it is easy and quick to put it up and down, simple open the doors, move the latch, pop the trunk and shut it, done. I never have to worry about an electric roof motor braking. I have drove a lot of cars and I waited a year to get this one and it has been worth it.

It's a love/hate kind of thing
By Desiree on 11/19/08 15:33 PM (PST)

2007 Saturn Sky Red Line 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I feel in love with this car when I wasn't even car shopping. I had to have it! I purchased mine about a year ago and it's been in the shop 8 times already! The check engine light and battery light are always on and the dealership can't seem to fix it and he convertible top and weather stripping have been replaced twice! It is indeed a head turner but it's also become my worst nightmare!

You must be an owner to review this car.
By davtam on 10/01/08 15:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Saturn Sky Red Line 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Often those who these cars have very little knowledge of what they are really like. Ask someone who owns one what they think. The top is not an issue if you can spare 15 seconds. Trunk space is limited, but hello it;s a sports car! The performance and gas mileage is much better than listed. If cup holders, trunk space and an automatic top are what your looking for, go someplace else. This is a sports car people!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.