...Too hot in summerFor an SUV, this car hadles like a dream. It is black on black. I live in SW Florida and the Porsche replaced a black on black Cadillac SRX that I drove for eight years. The SRX was never too hot upon entry, even in summer and cooled down very quickly. The Cayenne is unbeleivably hot upon entry and takes four times longer to cool down on a summer day. I have never been a car of any make or color that gets so hot. The gps works but it is difficult to determine which route to select. It often gets you off the highway much too early. I prefer my iPhone for navigation.
I've done a lot of research before purchasing this vehicle. Dealer was quite helpful in research.
Custom ordered with Premium+ pkg, pan roof, tow pkg etc on 08/22/2013. It was built, shipped and reach at dealership on 10/31. Impressive! I'm quite pleased with what this vehicle offers. Below are a few details:
* Handling is awesome with quick acceleration and solid stopping power - its cornering ability is impressive.
* Impressive Mileage: I get 30+ mpg driving conservatively in mixed city/hwy mode.
* Aggressive driving in sport mode gets me 22+ mpg in combined
* Highway driving alone 32+ mpg @ 50-55mph, best keeping it under 2000RPM. goes under 30mpg @ 70+mph,
* Excellent Handling/driving dynamics
* Sport Mode is Awesome - a lot of fun to drive
* Excellent Fuel economy
* Long driving range - 550-600 miles between fill-ups
* Very quiet and smooth for a Diesel
* Lane Change Assist and Parking Sensors are quite functional and helpful
* Navigation is outdated - roads built 6 years back can't be found on the map. Routing is not optimal. POIs are useless.
* FM receiver is not the best. My 06 Azera has better reception.
* Bi-xenon PDLS low beam range is very limited and makes it often hard to drive in the back roads in the night. The range gets further at speeds above 80mph, but driving @ above 80mph in backroads is a little hard :-(
* Aha online service is a great concept but pretty immature at best - a long ways to go.
* No place to hold sun glasses. Not much place/real estate to hold belongings.