Used 2009 Pontiac G5 Base Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific G5 model:

I love this car!
By Sumer R.

2009 Pontiac G5 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

In 2015, I purchased this car used from a reputable dealer in my area. Truth be told, I've always owned a foreign vehicle, but I was working with a limited budget, and understood I couldn't be picky. The dealer showed me this car, and I wasn't totally impressed initially, but after a test drive, I had a change of mind. This car gets it done. I've had it for about 18 months now, and as a commuter, who drives about 30,000 miles a year, my little silver bullet has proven solid through an extreme winter in Ohio, never given me any engine trouble, and is pretty comfy for a base model. I keep the oil changed, and I do regular maintenance as the manufacturer suggests.

This car is freaking amazing.
By imprettychill1

2009 Pontiac G5 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Wow, whoever wrote a bad review is totally wrong and has no idea. It made me realize that a lot of people out there will never be pleased no matter what. The Pontiac G5 is the best car I've ever owned, and my previous car was a six cylinder Lexus ES300. The G5 is small for sure, but it packs a serious punch that I never expected out of a car with a 4 cylinder engine. It's faster than my Lexus was and is way more fun to drive. In my opinion it's the best economy car on the market. Seriously, the dudes (or dudettes) who wrote bad reviews need to get their heads checked because the G5 is amazing. Just wish they were still being made. I would get a new one without any type of reservation.

Manual, need I say more? Love having a port for my iPod, too. The dash has everything from tire pressure to current and constant gas mileage, as well as tire pressure.

Nada, but get some all weather tires if you have to deal with snow. That is very necessary, as this car does not handle well in snow without the right tires.

G5 is FUN to Drive!
By timetodrive

2009 Pontiac G5 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Not only for teens, being a 60+ guy who wanted to try a stick shift again.
Bought new, there is now over 18,000 miles on my G5 - all of it put on by me.
It's a blast to drive.
I'd forgotten how much punch a manual transmission provides compared to the non-premium automatics.
The freeway on-ramps are fun again and driving in traffic is even much more interesting than driving an automatic.
I've had absolutely no problems with the car.
Mileage is over 28 mpg in town and over 35 on the highway - with regular gas and a fairly "heavy" foot.
The ride is fairly quiet and comfortable.
Finally, my wife loves to go out with me in our "sports car!"

Nice looking, fun to drive and manual transmission provides surprising power from the economical four cylinder engine.

No longer made, so irrelevant.

I love my car
By mccannamn59

2009 Pontiac G5 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The pontiac g5 is the perfect car for a teenager whos trying to save some money on gas, and still drive a nice car.

I love my G5!
By Cakesa3

2009 Pontiac G5 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My dad purchased me this car because I was transferring to a university and I needed a reliable car and I absolutely love it! I have had no problems (other than the steering defect recall which GM is replacing). This car is very fun to drive, handles well, and gets great gas mileage. It doesn't have the greatest horsepower, but will get and go. When it was purchased it had about 23,000 miles and it now has around 26,700. Nothing has been replaced. I plan to keep this car until it won't go anymore. I would recommend this car for a teenager/college student or just anyone who loves a small reliable car! I wish Pontiac didn't go under!

Audio input feature, stereo, handling, gas mileage, reliability

I can't really think of any