2004 Ford Freestar Consumer Review: Not for big men

2004 Ford Freestar - Consumer Review

Not for big men
By ShelbyJock on

2004 Ford Freestar SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Short version of the story. I'm 6'5" and wear a 14EEE shoe. This is a fleet car, so little choice as to options. When driving, my right shoe is under the brake pedal. If I have to stop in a panic, top of said foot hits a duct, and I end up with my foot trapped between throttle and bottom of brake. Solution? Drive barefoot. Vehicle is almost identical to the Windstar. Less power, more quiet. Handles about like expected - like a brick suspended on rubber bands. A/C seems adequate, though only just. Stereo is fair. Fuel economy is a bit better than the Windstar, but really gets about 19 highway and a bit less in normal use (about 17).

It is only with me for a year or two and I can get something that fits better.

Since it's supposed to be all new, I can't think of any. I'll keep driving my elderly Volvo 745. If you're a large man with big feet, don't look twice at these. My wife is the classic "soccer mom," and she doesn't like it, either. She prefers her elderly Taurus.