2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Review: A Perfect 10 Around The USA

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Review

ST Quad Cab (4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Manual 6.3 ft. Bed)

A Perfect 10 Around The USA
By JW5 on

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Purchased the vehicle Feb 2002; I drove this new truck on a cross- country road trip starting in June 2002 which consisted of summer weather, 4 months constant driving, and 17,000 miles total trip. Midwest to New York to Miami, Miami to San Diego, San Diego up old Hiway 1 to Seattle, and back to the Midwest starting point. I purchased this truck new with 9 miles on it; it's red SLT Plus (now called Larmie) and had the Sport package (20" wheels). New retail price was $38,915; it had every option available. Other vehicles I own: Lincoln Navigator, BMW X5 and Mercedes S600. My favorite: The DODGE; why?...I had no problems with it what-so-ever. NONE!

1.SAFETY: Side airbags protection (this is an option). 2.Hi view point from drivers seat. 3.Nothing needed to be fixed or adjusted. 4.Other cars and trucks make room for me when they see this truck in thier mirrors. 5.Good sounds from the 360 motor.

FUEL TANK SIZE: Wish Dodge had the option for a larger fuel tank (the 2004's short box version now have this option). I was filling the 26 gallon tank every 200 miles or so. This truck is made to burn LOTS of gas!...but hey, it's suppose to...it's a truck!