Used 2005 Chrysler Sebring Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

My new beautiful sebring
By Emilienne

2005 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just love the way it feels and looks but the negative part is it really compresses when on cruise control downhill, I really thought it would be better on gas but I was told it does get better after usage for a while, overall its a nice car and it sure looks good.P.S.It corners like the neon use to,Thanks for reading me.

The shape,color,inside sportscar kind of,but the best looking part part of it is the front

Gas mileage definatly,the motor compression while going downhill and maybe less noisy going uphill,I find it roars a bit too much comparing to other cars of the same category

No Problems..Just concern
By WRizo58

2005 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Overall the car runs fine. However, when I hit 5000 miles the ignition stopped turning over as quick.

Comfort, leather seats sunroof.

Tint on the windows.

So far so good (knock on wood)
By Ned

2005 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've had Sebring for almost two years now. Pros: Chrysler design, great fuel economy (8.4L/100km - mixed highway/city drive), only minor issues. Very quiet ride (!!!) just the way I like it. More than enough power for whatever you need it for. Cons: Front right and rear left window had to be fixed. One sensor had to be replaced. Brakes could be a bit better. Not happy with seat design - not very comfy on long rides. I'm 6'2'' and I had to push seat all the way back. Head is still too close to the ceiling, yet that is okay. More than enough room for a passenger behind me to sit comfortably. I'm quite happy with it for now. Would buy another Chrysler again.

Exterior design - Chrysler sleek and stylish. Fuel economy. Quiet and comfortable ride. Very roomy.

Seats can be much more comfortable. Quality control - windows are a perfect example. Get rid of Good Year Eagle LS tires as they're not very good in rain and snow. Interior design could be improved - dashboard is 1990s, not 2000s (check Infinity or Lexus or similar for design trends).

Problems disguised by beautiful exterior
By Susan Wagner

2005 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

1) Some problems with braking, nearly causing an accident with a school bus. When I tried to brake, it seemed as if the motor was not going to rev down, like it was not going to decelerate. Very scary. 2) Has a habit of hopping forward if you do not have the brake pedal pushed all the way to the floor. 3) Rear axle is very squeaky, especially when the weather is cold. 4) Brakes are very noisy and make noise most every time I brake. Very annoying.

Highway driving is very comfortable. Acceleration is good. Car is beautiful.

Problems
By Tom Van Sickle

2005 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I had 200 miles on car and was out of town when the passenger right window would not go back up. Was on a cold Saturday and could get no help. The 800 number refered me to some window repair places that I was to pay to have car repaired..could not find repair places. The car was taken to the dealership..they got the window up and ordered part..had to wait 3 days. One week after the "repair" the same window is doing the same thing. It is also difficult to get key out of ignition if the shift is not perfectly in place..have to jiggle shift to get key out. I traded in a 2002 Seabring and wish I still had it!!!!!

Price was good, salesman was good.

My head hits the roof when i am driving..I am 5'8', but it is my wife's car so not really an issue with me. Must have better quality control...see review above for details of my dissatisfaction with new car wtih 2000 miles on it!!!!!