Used 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Not fun to drive!
By wassell

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

If you want a truck that rides n feels like a Cadillac and tows like a champ(nothing more) buy a silverado. I've had my truck for a year and love it for road trips and towing. Aside from that...yawn. If you want a truck that will JUMP when you hit the gas, get sideways on demand, and still tow when needed buy a Nissan! Sincerely, sad silverado owner

Favorite Features

Overall looks and design

Suggested Improvements

Lose the computer limitations!

2011 Chevy with 6.2
By ddt84

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

have had this truck over a year now. Love it, has 11500 miles on it. I seem to be the only one that does a review on it to have the bigger 6.2 V8 insted of the smaller 5.3 v8.(had two 5.3 before not that great of a motor, no power). Let me tell you it does not get good gas mileage. 13 in city and 16.5 on highway. I knew this when i got it. The ride is great and the BOSE stereo sounds great. have pull 4 ATVs and all the camping stuff that weighed about 8000 lbs. still passed other trucks like they were standing still and still had more power left. 403 HP is all i have to say.

Favorite Features

the Blue tooth is great. love the remote start especialy this winter had two weeks of below Zero. 6.2 403 hp 412 lbft.

Suggested Improvements

MPG but it looks like the 2014 Silverado will help with that.

6 speed auto trans
By twinman

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

2012 Silverado - the 6 speed auto trans is a no-go ! Shift points are in the middle of right hand turn speed. Its a poor transmission, and jerky. You wont like the 6 speed auto...

Suggested Improvements

Fix the 6 speed auto trans... it is poor !

Great Value
By bl54

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased primarily as a tow vehicle. Considered all of the full size trucks and decided on Silverado based on incentives and maturity of design. Liked the look of the GMC a little better but got the best deal on the Chevy. No issues in 8 months, everything functions as it should. Surprisingly quiet for a truck. All Star package gave me everything I needed (5.3 V-8 & tow package) at a substantial discount.

Favorite Features

Tow package, have towed about 3,000 miles and never a problem accelerating into traffic or maintaining speed on hills. Six speed transmission and variable cylinder management helps with fuel economy. USB port for music.

Suggested Improvements

Would like to be able to disable automatic door locks (maybe I just haven't figured them out).

So far so good
By bsl64

I have the 6 speed tranny and have 3000 miles so far with no problems and no noise. I love the truck and received a killer deal on a dealer promo. My only complaint was with the onstar remote access app. I can unlock and lock the doors. But every time I try the remote start it tells me the keys cant be in the truck. The problem is every time ive tried it the keys were NOT in the truck 3 calls to onstar has not solved the problem. Other then that one thing I have never owned a nicer vehicle. Love the all star package and the blue tooth calls are far better then the ones I had before with a 1200 dollar after market head unit. I would like to see spray in bed liners standard. But great truck!!

Favorite Features

Blue tooth and leather seats are top of the line. The power is very nice. The jury is still out on the fuel economy until I take it on a long trip with lots of steady high way miles.