2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 5.3L V8 FFV 6-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Gas hog

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Review

LTZ Extended Cab Pickup (5.3L V8 FFV 6-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed)

Gas hog
By joe on

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I have driven chevy/gmc cars and trucks for 30 years and have obviously been pleased with their products because I have purchased many new products from them. This 2010 truck is an extended cab, LTZ,5.3 v8,3.08 rear. EPA estimates 21 highway and 15 city. Also,it has a six speed transmission. I drive 25,000 to 30,000 miles annually and keep accurate records of my gas mileage. This truck gets 16.3 miles per gallon with 85% highway miles and 15% city miles basically going the speed limit. I still have a 2003 Chevy extended cab,4 speed trans,5.3 liter engine, 246,000 miles on the truck. I get 18 mpg on this truck driving the same way as I drive the 2010.

Favorite Features

The truck drives and handles well.

Suggested Improvements

Be honest with your customers.Your salesmen run around telling customers that this truck gets 20 to 23 mpg. Your service departments say they have only had a few complaints on mpg. I do not believe either. Last gmc/chevy product my family will buy.