1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Consumer Review: The last of the "real" Cadilla

1995 Cadillac Fleetwood - Consumer Review

1995 Cadillac Fleetwood

Base Sedan (5.7L V8 4-speed Automatic)

The last of the "real" Cadillacs
By cadillacmike on

1995 Cadillac Fleetwood 4dr Sedan

I had a Black 1970 Fleetwood Brougham while in college-early 80's. It had a 133" WB, 228" LOA, rear footrests, reading lights, etc. But it was a New England rust bucket, so I moved away from Cadillacs. In January 2000, I needed a better tow vehicle, and so started looking for a Fleetwood or Roadmaster. I found both and decided to get a Fleetwood, because it looked better! I found a black Brougham-deja vu! It has every option except the sunroof (the rear lighted vanity morrors are more cool and I have two Cadillac convertibles anyway) and it has the CD player. I put 16,000 miles a year on it with no major suprises. The factory chrome wheels shine & the paint held up well. The engine is still silent & strong.

I love the LT1 engine, 7,000 lb. towing capacity. The car looks like the Presidential limousine. It has a nice CD audio system, excellent "Cadillac" carpets, soft durable leather seats, and no internal engine / transmission problems. This is an unequalled highway cruising car. It tows with ease, has four vanity mirrors, and is much easier to service than a FWD car.

the digital dash is the worst item on the car. It never gets the EPA fuel economy rating (maybe my 80 MPH driving is affecting mileage), There is no dual zone climate control (the Roadmaster had it !?!). It has less front leg room than my Buick LeSabre. the fuel guage lies to you. I can't find good 235/70-15 whitewall tires anymore!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review