Used 2007 Suzuki Reno Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Reno for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

I Love It

James, 10/26/2006
4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love it. The Reno is everything that I need and nothing that I don't. It is spacious for such a small vehicle. The base level is what I went with and with such an affordable price tag who could pass it up?

Lousy car

hikaru_n, 07/29/2014
4dr Hatchback w/ABS (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is riddled with electrical and sensor problems. Had to get them to replace the headlights. Very bad acceleration and shifting. Probably the worst car I've ever had. It's my fault I didn't do enough research on this car. It was inexpensive and fun to drive but now I'm already really wanting to trade this piece of crap in for a mazda 3 hatchback. Which I should have bought in the first place. TRUST ME DO NOT BUY THIS CAR YOU WILL NOT DRIVE IT!

Awesome Small Car

shintaro, 10/16/2008
4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I had this car for almost 6 motnhs and never had a problem with it. I enjoy driving it and not bad on gas mileage, actually I bought the car to save gas even if I was looking for Chevy Cobalt. The dealer gave me this because the cobalt was a little bit expensive and I have another loan that's why they didn't gave me the Cobalt. Anyway, I didn't regret having this car. And it can fit up to 5 people including driver and you can park anywhere (easy to park) and as most everyone's saying. I did expect to get more than 31+ miles per gallon but I'm only getting 31 on highway and 24 city. And I compared the back seat to a Chevy Impala SS and the Reno was bigger. I like this car

Reno-Divorce

anti_suzuki, 10/18/2011
4dr Hatchback w/Convenience Package (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My quarrel is not with the car, which is built in Korea by Daewoo, but with the service and treatment of the Suzuki dealers. I have only had two issues with this car in 45,000 miles, but the last one was the last straw. I was charged $278 to fix a defective $45 electronic sensor. I watched the mechanic take 15 minutes, but they charged me 45 minutes labor. I told them what was wrong, internet supported common problem, and they charged me an additional $100 to diagnose it. I am trying to unload the car now and I would caution EVERYONE away from Suzuki cars. They dowble talk you with big warranties for which you still have to pay if the engine or trans do not fail completely. Stay Away!

Should have had recalls

clover5, 01/11/2013
4dr Hatchback w/ABS (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought mine new and have always had an issue with it having gaps in acceleration. Dealer said nothing wrong. Clutch worn very fast 35 k or so. Dealer said I had to replace I still have not 142 k. My major problem is it has always had poor gas mileage and codes it is not running effiecient. I have replaced the throttle body and sensor since you can't get just the sensor, O2 sensors, plugs wires etc. It has had all normal and regular maintenence. The "gaps" are getting worse and it is not an automatic. The automatic ones just shift gears at any time. No problems with these have ever been a recall. I owned a KIA before and never had any issues. I can see why these cars are gone !

Good Little Car

Glenn, 01/12/2007
4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So far my Reno has been a good solid car. I have the manual transmission. Its power is OK for a car in this class. The interior is a little uncomfortable, but with an 8-way adjusting driver seat and plenty of front leg room, it's OK. It sounds good, I haven't noticed excessive wind noise yet. Backing up is a little troublesome. Coming from a Ford Ranger with a very open rear view, it feels a bit claustrophobic looking out the rear window. Overall, at the price I bought it, I'm very satisfied.

Love My Reno

devbot , 09/16/2008
4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my Reno as a birthday present to myself. I love my car, and how it hasn't broken down yet. I've owned mine for about six months now. The interior is very roomy, and the instrument panel is very simple and logical. Styling is very European, and there's plenty of space in the trunk. My only real complaint about it, is that I wish there were a more powerful engine option. I know this is an economy car, but I really wish that it had like the SX-4 engine option. The suspension could be a little stiffer, I mean it handles well, but I'd like less body roll. Again I know this is an economy car, but sometimes you may have to do some avoidance maneuver.

great car

comgetsum, 09/04/2009
4dr Hatchback w/ABS (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my car in April of 07 when I got it it was bone stock I got the blue metallic I've since added 18'wheels intake, exhaust, chip, bigger injectors and ported and polished the intake. Have not had one issue with this car and im a abid street racer I keep up with evos and sti's this is awesome grand stock its very slow but for the money u get lots of standard features **** the Ford Focus there base modek car has crank handles to roll up the Windows. To bad they they dont make the Reno or forenza anymore I think Suzuki was dumb for recalling them.

Pleasantly Surprised

jpcommute, 03/16/2009
4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I recently purchased a 5spd Reno (46K) for a commuter. I drive 90 miles round trip to work, about 90% interstate. The car is better than expected. The editor reviews seem to be a bit harsh. The ride is good, pretty quiet, handling is OK, peppy engine with the 5 spd, no problems merging etc.The standard features are way above the economy class norm. The mpg has been close to advertised, I have ranged between 26-28.5 mpg with an average 25% city 75% hwy driving. Hwy speeds between 70-77 mph. If you are looking for max mpg, look elsewhere, the Reno offers a pretty good package at the current used prices, shop around and get one at trade-in value and you will have a good 1st car or commuter.

Great Car, Great Value

jperez, 01/31/2007
4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love it the Reno. It is small sleek, stylish, has power everything, and costs less than $15,000. Enough said.

51050