VW Routan Brake Problems
By carshopper82 on
2009 Volkswagen Routan S 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)
I purchased an 09 Routan, and have driven it for 33,000 miles since. The van is nice and is perhaps the nicest minivan ride based on my experience. However, there are a lot of design issues with it. I have replaced the brakes all around including rotors, pads, and calipers three times - this at no cost because I documented to VW of America this is a design issue. Similar vans from 2009 (Chrysler Town Country) had the same issues - my in-laws own it. As you know, the Routan is a brand-labeled T&C. Othe rissues pertain to transmission hoses. So far VW has taken care of me but it is definitely a lemon.
Favorite Features
VW service is awesome - I fee bad they have tarnished the brand when they started offering a Chrysler product. I have been loyal to VW for many years owning more than a dozen models over the years. I'd recommend they sell their products and stay away from factored products.
Suggested Improvements
Brakes are under-sized for the weight (mass) of the vehicle. This issue is in my opinion a product safety concern. Hope they will fix soon.