Still crazy
By velobella on
2001 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 V8 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)
I purchased my 01 from a used lot w/10k on it and haven't looked back! I've put nearly 145k on this baby, commuting daily. Only drawback is gas mileage, but great work truck! I've driven many a truck but my Toyota is like driving a couch! Sure there are problems, squeaky brakes, funky dash noises in cold weather, tinny pinging sound with engine start up in cold weather, but the ride is divine and reliability is tops. I will put another 100k on this puppy. The only thing that hasn't held up is the leather interior, but everything else is tops. I've replaced timing belt at 150k (and it still looked good, but water pump was slightly leaking). Keep up the maintenance, you won't go wrong!
Favorite Features
I feel safe when I drive her. Got rear ended on the hwy in the rain (by an old toyota p/u!), I wasn't injured nor was the truck! I look forward to getting behind the wheel everytime I drive her. Best 21k I ever spent!
Suggested Improvements
Brakes! Why do the pose such problems w/squeaks??? We can put man on the moon, so why can't we get these brakes w/out the audio ?