2000 Saturn S-Series Consumer Review: A Workhorse

2000 Saturn S-Series - Consumer Review

SC1 Coupe (1.9L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

A Workhorse
By Jason on

2000 Saturn S-Series SC1 3dr Coupe

My Saturn SC1 3-door coupe has been a workhorse since I first purchased it over 10 years ago. In Texas, I used to drive back and forth to Florida, Alabama, Louisiana quite often and had no trouble. I then moved to Southern California and had to contend with the traffic here which has pushed it to its limits. I have over 130k miles, do regular preventative maintenance and have never had any major problems. I've had to replace the battery and tires a few times and just recently had a new water pump installed. Other than that, I love this car. I hope to push it up to the 250k mileage mark. When the time comes, I'm going to hate replacing this reliable vehicle. RIP Saturn.

Gas Mileage, Mechanical Reliability, Durable Exterior panels, Sound System (I still have the stock speakers and they play just as well as they did when they were brand new)

Seat Comfort, Trunk has no spring so you have to lower it carefully or you'll find yourself slamming it accidentally, Gas Cap could have been improved upon