2011 Saab 9-5 Consumer Review: A Great Car for a Decent Price

2011 Saab 9-5 - Consumer Review

2011 Saab 9-5

Aero Sedan (2.8L V6 Turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic)

A Great Car for a Decent Price
By curt51 on

2011 Saab 9-5 Aero 4dr Sedan AWD (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

First, I must admit that I'm a Saabophile who is now on his eighth Saab.
I've owned a Saab since 1988.
By far this is the best Saab since my 1984 900 Turbo.
The car is very quiet and comfortable.
Plus, the amenities abound and make this a good bargain for the price.
I love the exterior looks of the vehicle and I've gotten a number of compliments from complete strangers.

I love the handling of the Aero model and the XWD system in snow and in bad weather. The car also has a "night panel" feature that turns off all dash lighting except for the speedometer which reduces eye strain at night. I also enoy the USB connection for my IPOD which means I don't have to limit myself to a few CDs in the car. I also like the "Drive Sense" system which allows the driver to switch driving modes of the car to either sport, comfort or intelligent. In the sport mode, the system firms up the dampers and increases the shift points of the transmission to get more performance out of the vehicle.

My car came without the passive entry system which is supposed to be standard equipment on all 9-5s. This system allows the driver to simply walk up to the car with the key somewhere in his pockets and open the car doors without using the keyless remote. It also allows the driver to lock the car by touching the door handle sensor. I'm disappointed the car is missing something that is supposed to be standard equipment.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review