Puts a smile on my face every drive!
By sdoublelatte on
2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
I test drove the 2012 camry xle and honda accord ex-l the same day as test driving this mazda 6 gt. The mazda 6 was the only one that totally put a grin on my face! It's been a month and it still does! 1. I just the simple math for calculating mpg and I got 38mpg! That's with about 70/30 highway/city. 2. The interior is so sharp! Subdued, classy. The accord was obnoxious with the 2 huge screens! 3. The bose 11 speaker sound system blows the other 2 cars away. I played metallic yesterday, drums, cymbals were crystal:-). 4. Rigid chassis, but not at all uncomfortable. It helps it turn on a dime. 5. Trunk is shaped like rectangle. you could actually fit large items in there.
Favorite Features
I must admit it's how all the above features work together to just work for you. The steering/handling/ventilated & bolstered leather seats. The bose sound system: If you have a tough day at work, just crank it up, and you'll forget all about work and the grin will quickly take over:-). I don't see red mazda 6 gt's on the road. It feels great to be in a car you don't see all over. I had to drive somewhere the other night. I've never had bi xenon headlights before. The way the headlights turn in the direction the steering wheel turns before the car turns in that direction is very helpful in seeing where you're going. My 2 children 5 and 8 yrs old have plenty of room in back seat.
Suggested Improvements
There is a little more road noise in the mazda 6 than the accord. If this had a little more sound deadening material, it would be even more amazing. But then it would be heavier too and probably affect mpg, so, well, totally not a big deal. Some reviews say the tomtom navigation screen is small compared to competitors. I agree that it is smaller, but I think that is a good thing. Why do you need a huge infotainment screen? I find the nav screen in the mazda 6 plenty big enough and it blends into the dash so much classier than the accord's or camry's. I want to drive the car, not play with a huge info screen.