Used 2009 Lincoln Navigator Base Consumer Reviews - 1 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Lincoln Navigator - Consumer Reviews

2009 Lincoln Navigator

View reviews for a specific Navigator model:

Why did I even look at an Escalade?
By halfin1965

2009 Lincoln Navigator 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I was ready to purchase an Escalade, but poor treatment at the Cadillac dealer and GMAC's games on the 0% financing caused me to look elsewhere. After Mercedes, Lexus and Audi, Lincoln was my last visit. (I was trading in a 2007 GX470 - nice car, too small) The Navigator is a little uglier in the front than the Escalade and does not have the "auto-start" feature the Cadillac has. Other than those two items the Lincoln is FAR superior. In addition the COOLED front seats eliminate the need for auto start here in HOT Texas. (They also let me have the two tone black insert leather seats -available on the Limited Edition with no concerns of "sweaty back" on hot days. Just a superior vehicle.

The interior fit and finish is MUCH better than the Caddy and the third row flat fold power seats are great. The retracting running boards allow enough room for my size 13 clodhoopers to get in and out with ease. My 6'3" frame is swallowed up by the seats. But my favorite is the Voice Sync system.

On the Limited, the lower grille is the same color as the body, which is an improvement over the "chrome all over" of the base vehicle. I would suggest lightening up on the chrome and leave it available for those who want the extra "bling".