2 of 2 people found this review helpful
Serious off-road capabilities :)
By slowopey on
2004 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)
I have owned many vehicles, but I have to say that my H2 was my favorite.
I owned mine while in Kuwait, driving in high heat and rough conditions in the desert, and the H2 handled like a champ.
I've driven Jeeps, H1s, etc..., so I know about true off-roading, and while the H2 has a reputation as an 'urban assault vehicle', it is incredibly tough when put to the challenge.
First of all, the entire under-carriage is built like a semi truck underneath, so you can't break it.
You can take speed bumps at 70 miles an hour, and all you feel is a blip beneath your tires.
Passengers don't even feel the bump (priceless).
You must test drive 'hard' to appreciate.
Trust me, it can take it :)
* Ability to jump curbs and drive over unthinkable terrain
* Confident handling during freeway driving at speeds over 100mph (it's the Middle East)
* Tough leather interior and great air conditioning, even in 125 F conditions
* Bose radio was really good, didn't need an aftermarket setup
* In spite of it's huge appearance, it's easy to park, and no more difficult than my Tahoe LT, just takes a little practice
* Motorized door mirrors tend to fail, so you have to leave them in the open position and manually close if you need the parking space
* I wouldn't get the air-suspension option, mine came without it, but other friends had trouble with theirs
* Spare tire placement in the cabin leaves very little room for groceries, I had to mount mine on the back with an aftermarket kit