Used 2011 Honda Civic LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2011 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Most Helpful|
2011 Honda Civic LX Manual
By kiyotchan

2011 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Recently purchased it new after giving 2002 Honda Civic to my son. Was going to buy used, but recent manufacturer to dealer incentive made the price so attractive that the difference between the new and recent Civic with 20 to 30K miles became almost nonexistent. I know I am biased, but I have always liked Honda for its reliability, great gas mileage, and peppiness. This car has not disappointed me. It is noticeably more powerful and surprisingly quiet compared to 2002 that I had. The manual shift is quite different from the old version, but it did not take much time to get accustomed to it; it has more sporty feel to it.

Favorite Features

I appreciate the daytime headlight and side airbag features for safety. Also noted was better radio reception than 2002 version, which had terrible reputation by bloggers. Sounds rather unimportant, but additional cupholders expecially for the backseat people have been favored by my younger son, who also liked the digital speedometer.

Suggested Improvements

Though understandable because of larger engine, I was somewhat disappointed with mileage per gallon department. I have had this car for about a month, and I had several occasions where my front right view was limited because of flatter angle of the windshield and its attachment; I nearly collided with a car coming from the right. I made some adjustments by moving my head to and fro, but I thought I had better view with older version.