Well done
By Just Ed on
2007 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
After the first 1,000 miles I remain pleased with our purchase. The key to contentment may be realizing that "performance" can encompass more than just 0-60 times, 1/4 mile, top speed, etc.. Performance can also encompass things like mpg, and in my world where commutes rarely allow anyone to enjoy the typical performance characteristics, I have realized that mpg is one of the few characteristics remaining for me to enjoy on a daily basis and I am glad to have found a practical car that allows me to routinely enjoy it while providing very good qualities in addition to being a hybrid. In spirited and often stop-and-go traffic in my 90 mile daily commute I have averaged 39 mpg.
Favorite Features
MPG. Styling. Being a hybrid version of a very capable model line up, rather than a purpose built, hybrid-only vehicle. Not standing out as a hybrid on the road. I prefer to be less conspicuous.
Suggested Improvements
Provide a battery with enough power to move the car from rest without engaging the engine for stop and go traffic/low speeds. Make it a plug-in so I can leave with a full charge in the morning. Provide XM instead of "XM ready" in the hybrid no-nav trim. Improve the stereo wattage/speakers.