Used 2012 Ford Fiesta Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Fiesta - Consumer Reviews

2012 Ford Fiesta Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

Such a LEMON!!
By rebel_gurl314

2012 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2012 Ford Fiesta in Jan 2013 and it had 5,000 miles on it. 3 days after I brought it home I had it back to the shop due to the transmission was slipping, the car made horrible grinding noises (like in jeepers creepers when the girl didn't know how to get the car in the correct gears) and it would not pull a hill. I was told the car was fine and nothing was wrong with it. From then on out I have had the car at the shop 8 times would be more but they wouldn't take the car, ever time I was told nothing was wrong with the car. There is something defiantly wrong with the transmission and FORD knows it but they don't want to take responsibility for it!

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Transmission, Transmission, Transmission!!!!!

Not SAFE FIESTA
By sophiec

2012 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Car had peeling paint, has odor from engine, is not shifting properly, pulling into shopping mall in front of traffic it would not move? My foot was on the gas and it went up in rpms however not go. My child was with me and I was scared because as it decided to go a truck was coming. The car is good on gas but thats not a plus with regards to safety. Its rolls backwards, again as previously stated it has definate transmission issues. Brand new with 6 months under me I should not deal with these issues at hand. Do not purchase this car if you have kids it is not safe acceleration is poor 2nd time, safety is an issue.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature? There arent any. It looks cute sitting still once you drive it its poor. Transmission is not up to par at all. It slips and the dealer said thats the type of trani in the car? Mind you shouldnt it shift properly? Should it not accelerate when you press on the gas?

Suggested Improvements

Take them off the market and start from scratch before an innocent family gets killed. I am sick of excuses.

2012 Ford Fiesta
By ryans93

2012 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my 2012 Fiesta hatchback 5-spd manual for about 15k and overall I am very pleased with the car. It has lots of technology features, and is a lot of fun to drive. The Fiesta feels solid and like a larger car when you're driving it, it does not feel cheap and insubstantial. The little 1.6 provides decent performance, it is not fast but does okay. The trade off for that is superb fuel economy. The 5-speed manual shifts great and the clutch is perfect. The interior is full of high quality, soft-touch materials and a great design. It is quiet and comfortable as well. The Fiesta makes you feel like you got more than what you paid.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, handling, brakes, feature content, interior design and materials, ride comfort, road noise, price.

Suggested Improvements

SYNC system can be frustrating to use and has had several hiccups since I've owned the car - it usually works well but not 100% of the time. Could use more power and a 6th gear, but not a huge deal. Some minor squeaks and rattles in the interior - materials are great but build quality is average.

beware of oil leak!!
By fiesta1

2012 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car yesterday with 20 miles, today at home I woke up and went to see the under of the car and it was leaking oil from the union of the tranny and engine in one of the bolts, so I did research and saw it is a common issue for the fiesta, I got mad and called the dealer and they swap it out for another one which does not leak, make sure to check if it is leaking before you buy, other than that awesome car, also the tranny is very noisy and the automatic shift feels weird. I can't believe a new car can leak oil what a shame ford

GREAT HATCHBACK VEHICLE-RECOMMEND HIGHLY
By prepppy

2012 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Changed from 2010 Toyota Matrix with the poorest visibility imagineable, could not see the curb when making a turn.. to a 2012 Ford Fiesta hatchback, automatic, heated seats, great visibility to all sides and back....sporty look and handles unbelievably well on the highway and in the city....good mileage...now looking foreward to going for a drive..Thank you FORD....

Favorite Features

Leather heated seats, sunroof, great audio system, and just the neatest little features inside and outside the car.....perfect visibility in all directions.