Used 2012 Ford Fiesta S Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Fiesta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

A lot of car for the money
By shaunt

2012 Ford Fiesta S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I hadn't actually considered such a small car, but the gas mileage enticed me. It looks small from the outside, but driving it is a whole different experience. I'm 6'3, 200lbs, and it's perfectly comfortable to drive. The adjustable wheel and multiple seat adjustments are a huge plus. More importantly, it drives like a dream. I test drove other subcompacts(Honda Fit, Nissan Versa) and they don't even come close in terms of ride quality and handling. The Fiesta has plenty of power, with precise steering, a smooth ride, and a wonderfully smooth clutch and manual shifter. The engine accelerates smoothly and rapidly, yet remains quiet. The road noise is also notably less than in the others.

Favorite Features

I test drove both the automatic and the 5 speed manual, and wound up purchasing the manual. The manual is smoother, more fun, and offers far better acceleration, whereas the auto is hesitant and often "hunts" for the right gearing at lower speeds. Overall, this is a fantastic little car with great fuel efficiency, and offering features you'd expect to find on much more expensive cars. Ford hit a home run with this one, and has finally outclassed Honda, Nissan and Toyota in the subcompact category.