Hidden Performer
By ghiadillac on
1998 Cadillac Eldorado Touring 2dr Coupe
I've always been a big fan of Cadillacs, especially used ones. Many people seem to be scared off by these cars, but I've always felt they're quite a value after taking the initial depreciation hit. This '98 Eldorado was no exception. The power of this car has amazed everyone who's rode in it, and the exterior is a nice "Cadillac interpretation". Considering the compliments and head-turning ability, it's a rather impressive vehicle for the sub-$10,000 used car group. However there are some hidden costs such as the high-octane fuel and a few extra things to go wrong, but if one doesn't mind a doing little tinkering and is in the market for something nice, this is certainly a car worth a look.
Favorite Features
The Bose Stereo is the best factory system I've ever heard and the heated seats are nice, but my for-sure favorite thing about this car is the performance. If one likes the roar of an American V8 (and doesn't mind FWD), they should really try out this style of Eldorado.
Suggested Improvements
I was a little disappointed by the amount of road noise as well as the way the windows squeak against their rubber seals on bumpy roads (especially in cold weather). As sporty as it is, it's still a Cadillac and should be near silent when closed up and cruising on the highway.