2013 Volkswagen Passat TDI: Seven Things To Like
March 14, 2014
There are a lot of things to like about our 2013 Volkswagen Passat TDI. Here are seven I noted after a weekend with the car. I hardly drove anywhere, so the car's astonishing range is not in the list:
1. Feels big, drives small: The 2013 Volkswagen Passat TDI is plenty roomy on the inside, but it drives and parks like a much smaller car.
2. Easy Bluetooth Audio. Many cars have fussy steps for instituting Bluetooth Audio. Not this car. It's a snap.
3. Ginormous trunk space. I can't fill it up, even at Costco. I keep trying.
4. Power when you need it. It's a champ at passing laggards on the freeway. There is a slight bit of turbo lag, but as our comparison test of the car with the 2014 Honda Accord Hybrid points out, Sport mode helps.
5. Lumbar support and heated seats. Together, they provide a mini-spa for the lower back. I do wish the lumbar pad had an up/down adjustment, however.
6. Grippy seats. The suede inset holds the tush nicely.
7. Its delightful scent. I have no idea why this car smells like Ivory soap, but it does. Even between car washes.
Carroll Lachnit, Features Editor @ 15,496 miles