1997 Mercury Mountaineer Consumer Review: The Perfect Car

1997 Mercury Mountaineer - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (5.0L V8 4-speed Automatic)

The Perfect Car
By Caitlin on

1997 Mercury Mountaineer 4dr SUV

When I turned 16 in the fall of 2001, my parents bought me a white 1997 Mercury Mountaineer. I feel in love with the car immediately - something about being a new driver and having your own car. That car fit me perfectly. It was gorgeous, comfortable, and I felt safe in it. But early in March of 2003, I was in an accident. The other driver and I were both fine, but my beautiful car was not. It was totaled. The front of my car hit the right side of the other car - a small sedan. My Mountaineer did exactly what it was supposed to - the engine took the entire impact, and the interior of the car was untouched. I could not have wished for a better car.

I loved the leather seats, the 6 CD changer, the cover you could pull over in the back. It had just the right amount of leg room for all the seats. And it was solid - I never felt as if it might roll, or loose control of steering.

This car needed no improvements, although a sunroof would have been nice.