Used 2011 Honda Fit Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda Fit - Consumer Reviews

2011 Honda Fit

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

Beware of the head restraint system!
By barbak

2011 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Honda Fit in every way except the comfort of the driver's seat. I've actually driven without the headrest in; that's how much it hurts my neck. Although I had intended to drive this car until it wore out, I am going to be selling it in the next couple of months and buying something less painful. BTW, I am 5'7.

Favorite Features

The storage options are exceptional and the car is fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Change the head restraint system so that it is adjustable other than up and down

Wind Noise
By cstrummer

2011 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Have 38,000+ on my Honda Fit. Base Model. The stereo sucks. Upgrade to get tweeters, a better system. Lot of wind noise. Gets a bit much at times. Driving is fun for manual transmission. Good gas mileage. Lot of space in the car to haul your junk

What a horrible mistake.
By orangesmoke

2011 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I was taken in by the reviews. I test drove it and fell in love. I thought it was the best car out there for me. Then I bought it. The a/c doesn't work, blows hot air. Honda assures me this is normal. After a 6 hour drive I'm sweating and my a/c is putting out 70 degree air. The headlights flicker at night. Honda says this is because the a/c is on and I should shut it off. Sure enough, if I turn the a/c off the lights stop flickering and the temperature of the car goes up to 80. I have a manual. I try to put it in reverse and have to double clutch it. Honda says that all manual transmissions do this. I replaced a 1990 Toyota Camry with this Fit that says otherwise.

Favorite Features

I'm 5'1". There is NO position in which the headrest does not force my head down. The head rest is tilted so far forward that I have to lean the seat way back so the head rest doesn't push my head and I can see over the dash. My back hates me for buying this car. My eyes hate me for buying this car. I hate this car. I regret this purchase so much... I was happier with my 21 year old car, problems and all. At least the headlights and the a/c worked and I could drive it. I now have 5000 miles on this car after 1 month of ownership. I want to sell it and get out from under it as soon as possible. Before more Honda tricks rise up to bite me you know where.

Suggested Improvements

If you never drive at night, are at least 5'10" tall, don't back out of parking spaces regularly, and don't use the a/c, then this is a great little car. Otherwise- stay away.