1992 Geo Metro Consumer Review: mpg is great

1992 Geo Metro - Consumer Review

LSi Convertible (1.0L 3-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

mpg is great
By Phisher93 on

1992 Geo Metro LSi 2dr Convertible

This has been a reliable car. I had it for 2.5 years from 116k miles to 165k miles. It always started. Always ran and ran, 400 miles at a time even. The convertible roof leaked only very little from the top of the drivers window. but it wasn't all the time maybe only 20% of the time that it rained. Two other things were troublesome: the exhaust pipe broke 3 times. Install a flex pipe at the bend just under the engine. that helped. and my traction on wet or snowy roads was terrible. buy good good tires. I felt like I was in a saucer sled most of the time. Its just a very light car.

Very dependable and reliable. Predictable too. Great fuel economy, I got 40mpg consistantly. speed is a factor. 55mph gave me 44mpg and 75mph gave me 36mpg. both still very good. convertible was very cool!!!

balancing the engine or securing the exhaust pipe so it won't break all the time. suggested better tires for increased traction. install your own radio and speakers.