Used 2002 Suzuki Vitara JLS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Suzuki Vitara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Vitara model:

185K Miles with some work
By drkrdr318

2002 Suzuki Vitara JLS 2WD 2dr Soft Top SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have enjoyed my Vitara since I purchased new of the showroom floor. I will have to say the up keep and cost have been a little intense since 150K miles but well worth the trade off. The fuel tank wires frayed (easy fix), Alternator (new brushes 14.95), rear brake shoes (178K miles), differential fluid change (180K make sure you check if your around alot of high water) and Mobil 1 high milage synth every 3,000 miles. Still running strong. Ive change the front brakes 3x and finally went to cryo rotors with synth pads. Worst problem, A/C pump failed and a/c leaks. Other then the A/C I use maybe 1/4 qt of oil every third fill up. Not bad in my book. www.oemsuzukiparts.com

473 miles to a tank around 31 mpg Plenty of power for some light off road Last Vehicle inspection the mechanic mouth dropped with the number of miles and still good condition the vehicle ran. Take care of the car and you will have very little problems. Follow the specifications guide for time change parts and fliuds checks and download the factory manual (A MUST).

Its the Same as a Chevy Tracker Suzuki needs to lower the prices on parts. Its built here in North America, why should I have to pay so much for parts???? Learn to work on your own vehicles and stay away from dealerships.