A lot of car for the money
By dabug on
2003 Pontiac Sunfire 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)
I bought this car 5 years ago with 32k miles. It now has 90k. I did have to replace the fuel pump at about 50k which is very hard to get to and have changed the brakes once. Other than that no major issues. It has the feel and look of a sports car with the economy of a compact. I am now selling it because I want a truck, but I believe it has a lot of life left in it. Also, reading the other reviews I noticed the ones having the most problems are base models, ones like mine with the dual exhaust and other upgrades tend to be more reliable and a lot nicer cars, however they are harder to find.
Favorite Features
Sportiness, handling of a sporty car, decent gas milage, pretty reliable, roomy for a small car. (Adults can get in the ack seat without being too cramped. If you want one definitely buy one that has the dual exhaust and alloys. They are a lot better cars. Only issue is you won't get a sunroof.
Suggested Improvements
Make it easier to lwer the fuel tank, not fond of the material on the seats, some plastic parts do break but are easily fixed, a little loud on the road noise, but honestly, it is still a small car. You can't expect a Mercedes for the price you are paying for these. Be realistic.