2008 Mercury Sable Consumer Review: Very impressed and surprised

2008 Mercury Sable - Consumer Review

Premier Sedan (3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

Very impressed and surprised
By luvmysable on

2008 Mercury Sable Premier 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

In 2007 I was in a bad car accident in a small foreign car (I was rear-ended). I resolved to never buy such an unsafe car again. I set out to find the safest car in America and buy it, no matter what. I was sad to have to “settle” for an old lady car like the Sable. I barely test drove it, picked my color, at least got the chrome wheels, and I was off. I am so completely and totally in love with that car! It is amazing and has so many surprises; stuff my Mom’s Lexus doesn’t even have. And it can *move* if you get on the gas pedal. It’s the only car I will ever buy and I will lease a new one in two years, without question. I feel so safe! This was no compromise for me at all! Love it!

Safety is clearly the best feature but I love how the seat moves back when I take the key out, steering wheel controls, heated seats, keypad entry, huge back seat and trunk. I could clean out a Costco with that car.

I suggest that Ford launch an extensive advertising campaign for this car. If someone gets in it and drives it and realizes how great it is, millions would be sold! Ok, I am also grumpy about the fuel economy but what do you expect from such a huge and luxurious (read: heavy) car.