Used 2012 Toyota Prius c Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Toyota Prius-c - Consumer Reviews

2012 Toyota Prius c

View reviews for a specific Prius c model:

Just OK
By fl_lead_foot

2012 Toyota Prius c One 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just an OK car that happens to get great gas mileage. Door shut sounds tinny (and is tinny); stiff ride; overly firm seats; CHEAP interior materials; HARD interior plastics; under optioned (cruise control is a MAJOR FACTOR in highway gas mileage and the One doesn't have it!) Bought this for my courier business. Not sure if the mileage is worth the sacrifice. I'd MUCH RATHER drive my 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT, not quite as good gas mileage but a WHOLE LOT MORE FUN to drive and ride in!

Favorite Features

gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

At LEAST address the tinniness, makes it sound cheaper than cheap! And it's price ain't cheap, which makes the tinniness UNACCEPTABLE!!

Love my "C"!
By kpmick07

2012 Toyota Prius c Two 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I got my Prius C for a great price at a "Hail Sale." It has a few dings in it, but I can't see them through the gas meter! I traded in my 17mpg truck, $70 twice a week, for the "C." Now I fill up about every 10-14 days for $30. I got the windows professionally tinted and now they look great! I also went online and found a 1 1/4" trailer hitch and cargo carrier so I can carry a little extra gear on the back when I need to. That has been a lifesaver for camping trips!

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage. Small turning radius. Fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Interior materials are kind of cheap. Quite a bit of road noise at highway speed.

Wish we could buy 2 more
By merkel

2012 Toyota Prius c Two 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased our C 2 on Halloween 2012 after much research , car trying & bargaining with dealers. We needed to save GAS $$ because one of us was driving 12 hours every weekend & with 2 kids in college - budget was tight. Non of the other gas saving , budget cars felt just right until this one. We went for the 2 because the extra $$ for the 3 didn't seem to be worth it for us. After 9 months & about 24,000 miles , we are VERY happy with this car & are surprised by how much fun it is to drive. In the beginning we would have competitions to see who would get the best ECO score & MPG- if you go totally EV for long stretches 99 MPG is possible. Now we just drive & get 44-51 MPG. Save over $200 pm

Favorite Features

Great MPG AND Sporty. Spacious we are amazed how much we can fit in this little car.

Suggested Improvements

Visibility.

Happy Motoring with my "C"
By rfelton

2012 Toyota Prius c Two 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Every day is a pleasure with this car. We live in West Va with hills everywhere. After 7000 miles and with normal driving are average computer miles is 50.6 mpg. Best mpg on fill ups is 54mpg the worst was 45.4 in the winter we had a lot of ice and snow then. The only flat road in my area is from the post office to my house 1.4 miles and I avgerage about 65 mpg, 50 to and 80 back. Because on the return its on ev most of the way. Next week we are moving to Ga all flat ground so I will give you a report in a few months. This is our 4th Toyota since 1988 and it is the greatest by a wide margin.

Answer to MPG dream
By pablo50

2012 Toyota Prius c One 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This review will be only for someone looking for excellent MPG! I drive 1,350 miles a week. 5,400 miles a month. (Every month - IC Courier). I've had the car for 6 months, 22 days. It has consistantly averaged 51.3 mpg. ECO Mode gives you the best results in city. Regular mode (not ECO) gives best results on freeway. My best has been 59.1 in city driving, 47.8 on freeway. I owned a 2011 Corolla before this and at best only averaged 30 mpg. I drive 50% city, 50% freeway. I am saving $311.00 per month. Compared to the Corolla. Wish I would have bought the car when it first hit the market! These are "real-life" results. Hope this helps.....

Favorite Features

MPG....MPG.....MPG!!!!!!! Very comfortable to drive and love all the features.

Suggested Improvements

Make the battery last longer!! I'll hit 100,000 within a year. Warranty only good for 8 years 100,000 miles. Great for "average" driver! LOL