Used 2008 Saturn Aura Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Saturn Aura - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aura model:

Pedal positioning is painful
By rojo8

2008 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The gas and brake pedals are far apart and both are high off the floor, so it's impossible to pivot your foot comfortably on the heel. I have to completely let my foot off the gas pedal in order to hit the brake. No big deal obviously on high speed drives with minimal braking, but in-town driving is painful. Because it's so uncomfortable, it's also very unsafe. I'd find myself resisting moving back and forth between braking and accelerating, which obviously is not a safe driving practice. If you're small-feeted like me (size 8-9; not terribly small in fact) but you're used to stomping on your pedals, then no big deal. Pivoting is safer because it's more comfortable. What an idiotic design.

It's a discounted make, but to what seems to be the majority of car makers today: Do away with the misguided "safe" positioning of the pedals, supposedly there to minimize unintended acceleration. Making them more easily differentiable, also makes them totally uncomfortable for people, at least women, with small-average feet and thus unsafe. As simple is that. I've not been able to drive this car for the year and a half that we've owned it. Luckily I don't work, and my husband has big feet (sz 13) so he has no trouble with the pedals.

2007 Saturn Aura owner
By ssbowtie

2008 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have 07 Aura XR with 88,000 miles on it and transmission went. GM said nothing they can do 5 year/100,000 warranty is up. In shop now for 2 days bring diagnosed. I will never buy another GM vehicle as long as I live. Probably will have to sue for replacement and that GM known defect

The body style

give longer power train warranty. All transmission issues with these cars that I have read about in the past week speak of the same problems and lack of help by GM

3,5,R wave plate
By angila_meyer

2008 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our Aura used with 44k miles on it. We currently have 66k. I really love this car. However recently the wave plate went out in the Transmission while I was on my way to work. So I stopped at this repair shop right across the street. I had them look at the car. (keeping it over night) They informed me that the wave plate was the issue and my car was undrivable. So my Fiance go a hold of GM and let them know the issue. They got back to us saying its a known issue that they fixed with the 2009 version but basically since we were past five years even though we are under the 100k for the warranty we are out of luck. So by admitting fault but are leaving us stuck with a 4k bill.

I love this car. I wish GM had better customer service

terrible
By sbrke13

2008 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Nothing bur problem after problem with this Car. Doors wont always open. Locks on rear doors dont work. Nothing but electrical problems. On top of tht ems computer needs to be taken apart every cpl months and add dielectric grease. Car will randomly wont start due to vacuum leak caused by ems computer.it will pulsate and stahl out. Temper gauge freaks out to. and thts just the start of the problems. All in all worst car out there. Extremely cheaply made

Best car I've owned
By bdog86

2008 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned many cars, trucks and suvs. But the 3.5L version of the Aura rocks ! Lots of space, plenty of power for a luxury sedan which surprised me, and just the defined look of the Aura catches you off guard. My Aura has 106,000km on her now and the only thing replaced so far was the driver side strut which was a quick fix. Very reliable car and is high enough off the ground to go on gravel roads into the woods without sacrificing any comfort at all ! Handles turns, and bumps beautifully. Also if your worried about a V6 eating gas... Don't be worried. I get at least 500-550km in the city with full tank and over 700km on highway but that's going around 120+km/hr..

Engine is great but kicks out abit more power if you get a better air intake for it. Smooth ride with a sense of luxury. Great features on the dash like temperature, oil life, individual TPMS, and Electronic Stability Control once your traction control kicks in. Theirs some of the great features I love about this car and the Traction control can be manually turnt off unlike some other vehicles. The exterior design of this vehicle looks great and I would recommend to anyone that can get one !

You cant ever have too much power, so by saying that maybe more power ! Bigger brakes for more quicker stopping response. Would like a more playful steering wheel cause it is abit lifeless. Besides that I love her !