Used 2008 Saturn Aura Consumer Reviews - 126 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Saturn Aura - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aura model:

Love this car very dependable and fast
By Anthony

2008 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Don't make them anymore of course I had my mechanic check it out and there's everything good parts will be easy to find through GM or even after market love this car

NEVER BUY THIS CAR
By kkh321

2008 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I had this car for a less than a month and the transmission went out. Then the headlight went out a couple weeks later, and my other headlight flashes a little when i press my breaks almost like it has a shortage. No snow traction what so ever I got stuck three times, thank God I was not in a rush to get anywhere. I also had to recently replace the coil pack because of a misfire and it happened all of a sudden as I was driving and it was super scary. PLEASE DO NOT GET THIS CAR IT HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT A PAIN SINCE DAY ONE.

Broken down again!!
By LANDA

2008 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I'm so over this car,I'm currently broke down right now,I was getting ready to drive and my steering wheel locked up,car ovetheating I've been to the shop so many times with different issues,I guess the saying you get what you pay for is right,this is foolery,2008 Saurn is trash ugggh!!!

Pedal positioning is painful
By rojo8

2008 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The gas and brake pedals are far apart and both are high off the floor, so it's impossible to pivot your foot comfortably on the heel. I have to completely let my foot off the gas pedal in order to hit the brake. No big deal obviously on high speed drives with minimal braking, but in-town driving is painful. Because it's so uncomfortable, it's also very unsafe. I'd find myself resisting moving back and forth between braking and accelerating, which obviously is not a safe driving practice.
If you're small-feeted like me (size 8-9; not terribly small in fact) but you're used to stomping on your pedals, then no big deal. Pivoting is safer because it's more comfortable. What an idiotic design.

It's a discounted make, but to what seems to be the majority of car makers today: Do away with the misguided "safe" positioning of the pedals, supposedly there to minimize unintended acceleration. Making them more easily differentiable, also makes them totally uncomfortable for people, at least women, with small-average feet and thus unsafe. As simple is that. I've not been able to drive this car for the year and a half that we've owned it. Luckily I don't work, and my husband has big feet (sz 13) so he has no trouble with the pedals.

2007 Saturn Aura owner
By ssbowtie

2008 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have 07 Aura XR with 88,000 miles on it and transmission went. GM said nothing they can do 5 year/100,000 warranty is up. In shop now for 2 days bring diagnosed. I will never buy another GM vehicle as long as I live. Probably will have to sue for replacement and that GM known defect

The body style

give longer power train warranty. All transmission issues with these cars that I have read about in the past week speak of the same problems and lack of help by GM