Used 2009 Saab 9-3 Comfort Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Saab 9-3 - Consumer Reviews

2009 Saab 9-3

View reviews for a specific 9-3 model:

No better ragtop for the price
By Ken Krutsch

2009 Saab 9-3 Comfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Love my Saab convertible. Went from a Mercedes C-class to a 9-3 Bumblebee Yellow 2.0T convertible. I miss the acceleration of the MB, but the Saab 2.0T is not off by much. The handling actually seems to be improved from the 2006 C-class, possibly due to the shorter wheel base and ReAxis feature (passive turning rear wheels). I get a lot of looks in this car, which is fun, and the subtle design bells and whistles are everywhere. For example, with the top down, either in hot or cold weather, the climate control seems to just magically adjust all of the settings for a comfortable ride - including the automated heated seats. You can tell this is a car designed by people that live in the snow

Favorite Features

Soft top is triple insulated, so it is both very quiet and very warm in winter (I live in Minnesota). No one, and I mean no one, makes a more comfortable seat. Cabin design and the solid feel of this car won me over, after driving 20 different makes and models before purchase.

Suggested Improvements

I lowered the score for build quality because of the cheap plastic used on the dash surfaces. It scuffs way too easily. I am constantly trying to buff out scuff marks on the door side panels and the dashboard. Also, the 2.0T gets incredible mileage (32+ on the highway), but is weak off the line.