2014 Kia Forte: 10 Things I Like About You
August 22, 2013
Aside from our Tesla, this 2014 Kia Forte is my current favorite car in our long-term fleet.
I have a soft spot for cars in this economy compact segment. They are the workhorses of the middle class. And in the real world (that world that exists outside the fantasy of automotive journalism), this is probably the level of car I would buy for myself.
Sure, I would love to have a Tesla Model S or a Jaguar XF Supercharged, but I also want a healthy retirement fund, so this is more in line with what I want to spend on a car.
These are a few of my favorite features:
1. price that starts under $20K, optioned like our test car, about $25K
2. quick downshifts don't keep me waiting
3. good looks (I get asked about this car as much as the Tesla. Yes, really.)
4. an effort at good interior materials that look nice and fit well
5. a real hand brake
6. heated and cooled driver seat
7. heated passenger and rear seats
8. roomy back seat
9. front storage cubby (I like the placement, depth, and shape)
10. speed limit display on map (more on this in my next post)
11. clean, simple instrument panel
Oops, that's 11. I guess I really like this car.
Donna DeRosa, Managing Editor @ 4,107 miles