Edmunds.com Names Used Car Best Betssm for 2012
SANTA MONICA, Calif. — June 22, 2012 — Edmunds.com, the premier online resource for automotive information, today released its 15 Used Car Best Betssm for 2012. A total of 11 makes are represented on the list, with four makes (Ford, Honda, Hyundai and Toyota) each contributing two models.
The 2012 Used Car Best Bets are (by segment):
- Compact Sedan: 2005-2010 Hyundai Elantra
- Midsize Sedan: 2005-2010 Nissan Altima
- Large Sedan: 2006-2010 Hyundai Azera
- Coupe: 2005-2010 BMW 3 Series
- Convertible: 2005-2010 Mazda Miata
- Wagon: 2005-2010 Pontiac Vibe
- Compact SUV/Crossover: 2005-2010 Honda CR-V
- Midsize SUV/Crossover: 2005-2010 Ford Explorer
- Large SUV/Crossover: 2005-2010 Chevrolet Tahoe
- Minivan/Van: 2005-2010 Honda Odyssey
- Compact Truck: 2005-2010 Toyota Tacoma
- Large Truck: 2005-2010 Ford F-150
- Luxury: 2005-2010 Infiniti G35/G37
- Hybrid: 2005-2010 Toyota Prius
- Sport Compact: 2005-2010 Subaru Impreza WRX
A team of Edmunds.com editors assembled the list, which emphasizes the most important criteria to consider when researching and deciding on a used vehicle: reliability, safety, value and availability. Eligibility was limited to vehicles ranging from two to seven years old.
"Our editors are often asked about the best used cars, and this list answers that question," says Scott Oldham, Editor in Chief of Edmunds.com. "By combining our own experiences with consumer ratings and evaluations, we'd suggest these cars to any used car shopper."
For more details on Edmunds.com's selection process and for a brief description of all the cars on this year's list, please visit Edmunds.com's 2012 Used Car Best Betssm at http://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/best-used-cars.html.
This year's Used Car Best Betssm are heavily represented among the thousands of used cars listed on Edmunds.com, with new listings added every day. Users can browse the most updated used car inventories in their areas at http://www.edmunds.com/inventory/used/srp.html.
About Edmunds.com, Inc. (http://www.edmunds.com/help/about/index.html)
Edmunds.com, the premier online resource for automotive information, launched in 1995 as the first automotive information Web site. Its acclaimed mobile site, Edmunds.com Android App and five-star Edmunds iPhone and iPad apps make car pricing and other research tools available for car shoppers at dealerships and on the go. Its automotive enthusiast web site, InsideLine.com, is the most-read car publication of its kind. Its highly regarded mobile site and iPhone app features the wireless Web's most comprehensive gallery of automotive photos and videos. Edmunds.com Inc. is headquartered in Santa Monica, California, and maintains a satellite office in suburban Detroit. Follow Edmunds.com on Twitter@edmunds and fan Edmunds.com on Facebook.