2009 Nissan GT-R: The 5 things I hate about you
September 14, 2009
I've written in this forum several times before how much I love our long-term Nissan GT-R.
Today I'll discuss the 5 things I hate about this vehicle.
1. The ride. I hate how stiff the ride is in default or "R" mode. But in the comfort setting, it's just fine. After all, this isn't an SC 430.
2. The crunching noises. I hate the low speed crunching noises that emanate at times from the transmission. But this dual-clutch transmission with paddles is one of the easiest and most fun gearboxes to use. I would take it over the best manual transmissions out there.
3. The low front spoiler. I hate how this thing makes contact with every driveway dip and parking block. I hate how you have to park 1 meter from the end of the space to make sure you don't beach it on the parking block. But that spoiler helps the aero and adds to the sexy low look.
4. The service. 8 quarts of ATF at 86 bucks a quart? Seven grand in repair and maintenance cost in 25,000 miles? But I guess that's the cost of doing business in the near-exotic arena.
5. Little love from women. Although guys constantly gawk and ask you about it nearly every time you add fuel, most women don't give it a second look. But if your sole purpose was to impress the ladies you would have leased a Lambo or 997 Turbo, right?
As you can see, my hate pool for the R35 is small and shallow.
Although it's not perfect, it's close to perfect for me.
Albert Austria, Sr Vehicle Evaluation Engineer @ 29,000 miles