New is a steering-wheel activated bluetooth which replaces Volvo's after-market dashboard control, but why on earth did they eliminate the voice-activated system? Now we can only dial calls from our phone book, and need to take our eyes off the road to do so? Very backward thinking for such a safe car. Also, the rear park assist warning is barely audible now, with only the rear speakers quietly beeping. Forget about hearing it with the AC fan on and radio! The back-up camera is a nice additional feature, though. And, the navigation system no longer allow "stored" locations.
Poor Reliability and Quality!!! Don't Waste Your Money!!!
written on 05-28-2013
3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)
Volvo shouldn't even classify the 2013 XC90 in the midsize luxury SUV category, because it is a poorly designed and unreliable vehicle that is poorly manufactured.
Issues I have had with my XC90:
* Brakes- Squeal, rub, vibrate...dealer would not fix.
* Starter went out...leaving me stranded in the middle of the highway
* AC compressor went out
* Loud rattles and clicking noises while driving
* Leather seats get scratches on them easily from clothing rubbing against them
* Back up warning alarm did not alarm at times
* Blind spot indicator sensors would not work properly at times.
* Third row seat is a waste, no adult will fit in it.