Used 2007 Volvo XC90 Consumer Reviews - 69 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volvo XC90

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:

Volvo Experience
By Eric Burnette

2007 Volvo XC90 V8 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Quality construction, great reliability, excellent acceleration, eye catching design, only the Cayenne can compare (exterior design). Improve stereo sound quality (lacks richness and depth). Interior functionality (design, seats, storage, cupholders, tailgate) is genius, spartan in an exquisite sort of way. No wasted electronic frills, paint quality is superior, braking exceeds expectations. Lives up to the Volvo name and tradition.

Everything!

Fuel economy! Work on the stereo, not bad, could be better, given the overall quality of the vehicle.

Don't buy 6 cyl FWD
By RonP

2007 Volvo XC90 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

We bought the XC90 3.2ltr FWD 7 passenger for its comfort and versatility when the grandkids visit. We thought the inline 6 cyl would get decent gas mileage, at least better than the Explorer we had. Wrong! In town we are only getting 12-13 mpg as opposed to advertised 18. Highway 22 mpg about what expected. The 6 cyl is significantly underpowered - having to downshift constantly. Also the car has the most unintuitive controls, i.e., washer/wipers, door locks, headlight controls I've ever seen! Must be Swedish logic! It is a comfortable ride however for a mid-sized SUV.

Nice exterior design. Interior seating/cargo versatility. Pop-up grocery barrier in the cargo area. Heated seats.

I hope to live long enough to figure out how to control the windshield wipers and back door locks (even with the child safety switches turned off, a back seat passenger can't get out without pulling up the locking stem). Inadequate interior storage.

2007 Volvo XC90
By Kelsea

2007 Volvo XC90 V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I first drove this SUV with my dad, and I fell in love with it. I was so amazed by its performance and all the features. It's my third new car and the Volvo SUV by far is the best. If you aren't looking for fantastic gas mileage then this is the car for you. It's almost like being in a day spa, I have heated seats in mine and it's so nice in the winter time.

Volvo XC90 - Wow
By K Engvold

2007 Volvo XC90 V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The part of my long commute that I simply love is the time I have to bond with my XC90. The power she has is awesome; the V8 is an absolute pleasure and provides the power that makes the XC90 actually feel like a sport car. The handling is so deceiving you forget you are driving an SUV. I have also witnessed Volvo being very attuned to improving this XC90 model over the years and I could not resist giving up my S80 for this XC90 as I have kept my eyes on the XC90 for the last 5 years. The fuel mileage is acceptable at around 20 mpg with a Tornado fuel saver installed.

(1) Technology/Design (Scandinavian simple approach!) (2) Power of new Yamaha based V8 (more power, more reliability!) (3) Style (This year they got rid of the black rubbery molding and added body colour and chrome - thank you!) (4) Highly efficient capacity (Friends, Family, Critters, Cargo)

Not much, only better mileage, but I did by an SUV!

Nice Ride
By VolvoDriver

2007 Volvo XC90 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Enjoy every bit of this car. Handles better than the 2003 S60 we owned prior to this purchase.

Safety features, styling.

Standard rear compartment cover. Better fuel economy in the form of a hybrid.