Used 2007 Volvo XC90 Consumer Reviews - 69 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:

More than we expected
By diegosbone

2007 Volvo XC90 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

In 2006, after our second child, we were looking for a good looking SUV with a 3rd row option. We narrowed the list now to the Lexus LX, Benz GL and the Volvo. Test drove them all, and kept coming back to the Volvo. The Swedish ergonomics were very nice. Everything was in its proper place. Electronics are tricked out, and the price was reasonable. After 2yr, 24,000 miles, I have zero complaints, only praise. I have had zero mechanical failures (very surprising).

3rd row (kids and small women). Sensible controls, comfort, child booster seat.

Electronic trunk, electronic 3rd row opener (like the Benz).

Solid
By Pmedhat

2007 Volvo XC90 V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

We have three XC90s in the family and the V8 is by far my favorite. The Yamaha engine never runs short on torque. The acceleration between 50-80 mph is amazing. The minor improvements to the interior are subtle but affective. I especially appreciate the iPod jack. The handling is awesome with plenty of room for the family.

Fold down third row, AWD, and traction control. The power. Shoulder room. Exterior styling. Storage

Location of the fog light switches and the cruise control. Poor truning radius.

Minivan with Ground Clearance
By J G Stewart

2007 Volvo XC90 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

My wife has extreme Volvo loyalty and she bought this XC90 3.2 FWD straight base model in spite of my reluctance. I pondered a Kia Sedona, but couldn't bring myself to close the deal on that because I was doubtful the mpg would meet my minimum requirement. With my inaction going on indefinitely she bought this XC90, and I took her 2004 V70 base model with which I get 30 to 35 mpg on the highway at 70 to 80 mph under best driving conditions. The XC90 fuel use has been acceptable on the highway (22 mpg to over 26 mpg), but lower than I would like at 15 mpg in short trip usage in town. Total fuel economy over the first 12,000 miles has been 19 mpg.

Rear windows retract completely into the door so the dogs can have heads out and not get hit by glass edge going over bumps. The 235/65-17 tires are a good choice for fuel economy and tire replacement costs.

US availability of the 185 hp 2.4L diesel with 6M transmission.

Likes the shop
By Very dissapointed

2007 Volvo XC90 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

We trade in our 2006 XC90 to take advantage of a great offer on the new 2007 when it came out. Big mistake. We really liked our 2006 and only had minor issues with it. It drove well and was a good performer. Our 2007 has been a disaster. It has had a horrible ride since day one. It has been in the shop for almost 7 weeks in the first 18 months we have owned it. Both front axle shafts have been replaced, power steering issues along with numerous minor items. Even now, the car jolts over any bump and rides so loudly it is hard to talk in the car. At least it looks nice and we only have a two year lease. Volvo has tried to fix it, and the dealerships have been pleasant, but we give up.

Even after five years, it is still the best looking SUV on the road. Interior materials hold up very well even with two kids in carseats.

Shameful ride and overall reliability. The whole chassis feels like it is going to crash down to the road at times.

No fun
By wsa10

2007 Volvo XC90 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I leased a 2007 AWD 3.2 Volvo XC90 in August of 2006. I am so glad that I chose a 24 month lease as opposed to a 36 month lease. We have 2 more payments to go, and can't wait to get out of this car. I knew the car wasn't all that fun to drive, but was surprised that it would be as unreliable as it has been.

Comfortable highway cruiser. Feeling of safety.

Improve reliability and make it more fun to drive. Car was in the shop for 4-weeks as they tried to fix a malfunctioning ABS/Traction control sensor.